27 February 2018
Workshop location and timings
- British Dental Association, 64 Wimpole Street, London – a ten minute walk from Oxford Circus or Great Portland Street tube stations
- 9.30 – 1.00
- Please use the EventBrite form at the foot of the page to book your place on this workshop.
This workshop can also be run as a half- or full-day programme on an in-house basis. Click here for more details.
Full details below or download workshop outline.
The often-used phrase, ‘just the receptionist’, completely misrepresents the role. An excellent receptionist is a most valuable resource for any company.
This workshop will help you develop the key skills that are essential if you are to represent your organisation to the best possible effect.
It will also help you get the most out of your working day.
There are six key reasons to take part in this workshop. It will help you:
- See your role in a new light
- Develop your communication skills
- Deal with different types of customer and situation
- Boost your confidence
- Cope in a pressurised environment
- Get more satisfaction from your working day
- Any staff who are relatively new to the role
- More experienced staff who would welcome a refresher to consolidate their skills
- Anyone who has to provide occasional cover for reception
A thoroughly enjoyable, very practical and relaxed half-day session, led by one of our most popular trainers.
Candy is a highly experienced trainer who focuses relentlessly on ‘Putting a Smile on the Customer Interface’™. She is particularly experienced in receptionist skills and telephone-based customer service training. With a background in media sales and the music industry, her clients come from an impressive range of sectors including legal services, media, leisure and hospitality, telecommunications, software systems, healthcare, engineering and the events industry.
Feedback from Candy’s ‘Reception perfection!’ programme is always very positive, as the following comments from participants show:
‘Candy is so professional. Makes everything seem possible.’
‘Very professional. Went so quickly because I enjoyed the training.’
‘Learnt a lot on subjects that I wouldn’t think to ask about.’
‘Invaluable tips and suggestions to improve how you do your job and handle yourself at reception.’
‘Candy was very knowledgeable, very professional and a pleasure to learn from.’
‘Very, very good, interactive and lively. Answers questions raised with examples which really helps.’
‘Highlights human behaviours and gives more understanding as to how and why our reactions can influence our daily interactions with clients.’
‘Candy is funny, knowledgeable, interested in your point of view.’
‘Very interesting and certainly makes you think.’
‘This course makes you more aware of your role within your firm and gives you the knowledge and tools to improve both your awareness and the positive action you can take moving forward.’
‘Candy made me realise that a receptionist admin role is very important and should be valued by others. I feel more empowered and able to cope and be a better receptionist/admin.’
‘Really enjoyable, learnt a lot – beneficial.’
‘Motivates you and encourages you to be more assertive and valued.’
‘Full of useful information and strategies to help make the receptionist’s role more fulfilling.’
‘Really enjoyed session, worthwhile and thought-provoking.’
‘Candy is very good, knowledgeable – with the right amount of humour to make the course enjoyable as well as informative.’
‘Cannot wait to put it into practice!’
1 Taking a fresh look at your role
- Why is a receptionist so important?
- The challenges of 21st century communication
- What makes an excellent point of Reception?
- The importance of service standards
- Who are our customers?
- Good, bad and neutral ‘micro moments’
- As a customer, how do you like to be treated? What makes people feel valued?
2 Communication mix
- Differences between face-to-face and over the telephone
- The importance of first impressions
- Understanding body language and facial expression
- Conveying welcome and efficiency
- Voice and words
- How accurate are your listening skills?
- Taking and leaving messages
3 Confidence, assertiveness and dealing with difficult situations
- How to look, sound and feel confident
- Coping in a pressurised environment
- Recognising different styles of behaviour – aggressive, passive and assertive
- Dealing with challenging situations
4 Pulling it all together
- Summary of key learning points
Book now for 27 February 2018!
- All our events are very popular and places on this course are limited to 12.
- Please book (and pay) online, using the Eventbrite order form below.
- Please read ‘the small print': We reserve the right to refuse admission if payment has not been received. A full refund will be made for cancellations received in writing at least 20 working days prior to the event date; there is no refund for cancellations made within 20 working days of the start of the event. We reserve the right to change the programme, the dates, the trainer or the venue: participants will be notified as soon as practicable in such circumstances. In the event that the event is cancelled, a full refund will be given. We disclaim any further liability.
- If you have a promotional code, please click on ‘Enter Promotional Code’ below. (We regret that we cannot give discounts retrospectively).