Contracting in the NHS
Full details below or download course outline. (And scroll down for details of the open course).
This highly focused one-day programme has been designed to improve participants’ skills, knowledge and competencies in the three key components of the commercial cycle that are generally applicable to NHS contracts:
- Pre-market engagement and sourcing
- Contractual processes
- Supplier management
This course will help participants:
- Gain knowledge of pre-market engagement, understand how a market works and its impact on effective service delivery and value for money
- Understand category management principles and processes and the main benefits/issues with this kind of approach
- Identify and understand business needs and how to gather data and conduct research
- Develop a business case to support acquisitions and development of a ‘procurement event’
- Conduct stakeholder needs analyses and determine strategic business priorities, including opportunities to identify potential suppliers
- Define the sourcing strategy, quantify the benefits and prepare the implementation plan and sourcing process
- Understanding the role of EU Directives, the issuing of OJEU notices, and publishing bidders’ packs
- Deploy e-sourcing tools to support the sourcing process
- Analyse bids by evaluation and give consideration to contract award approvals
- Debrief suppliers
- Mobilise the contract and identify the level of contract management activity required
- Assess the required nature of the relationship with the supplier(s) in line with organisational strategic supplier relationship management processes and strategy
- Identify and manage risks, including the creation of risk registers
- Understand and measure KPIs in order to deliver successful outcomes
- Ensure contract delivery during contract closedown and assist with any new arrangements or disposal at the end of the life of the contract
All staff engaged in commercial activities within the NHS and those involved in procuring goods and services and managing contracts. This course will benefit a number of different stakeholders including consultants, managers and those with a direct customer / supplier inter-face.
The expert trainer adopts a proactive, participative, and participant-centred approach with emphasis on the practical application of the tools, techniques and templates discussed. The learning needs to be embedded into the fabric of the organisation and the trainer uses context-based case studies and other tasks to achieve this.
The majority of the training we deliver is either tailored or completely bespoke. This workshop can therefore be delivered entirely as advertised, or it can be tailored to your particular requirements, or we can simply take it as a starting point for a conversation with you before we draft a completely bespoke programme for you – the choice is yours.
Geoff has over 25 years’ experience, including a senior position within Capita. He is a prolific author and a regular presenter of training programmes, particularly in the procurement arena.
Open programme fact file
21 June 2017
Programme location and timings
- Woburn House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9HQ – a short walk from Euston station
- 9.30 – 4.30
- Buffet lunch and refreshments included
- Workbooks/reference materials included
- Certificates of attendance provided for CPD purposes
Prices and bookings
- Standard price: £350 + VAT per person
- ‘Early bird’ price for bookings received by 28 February 2017: £295 + VAT per person
- ‘Multi-buy’ rates available: see booking forms for details
- To book just on this programme, please complete, save and email back the booking form
- To book places on any of our other procurement programmes as well, please complete, save and email back the ‘multi-buy’ booking form