Amanda is a consultant, facilitator and coach with an in-depth understanding of organisational, team and personal change in the public sector. She has imagination that lends itself to providing interesting and creative learning interventions and has professional experience of supporting and driving change in challenging situations. She uses a range of training and coaching approaches to create and support motivating and safe learning environments and promote transfer back at work.
Previous roles have included working in front line, management and leadership positions in all three sectors at local and national level and including two assistant directorships. After 15 years of enjoying these roles and responsibilities, Amanda set up her own business in 2001. She has since developed a number of specialisms, including customer focus, performance management and coaching. Amanda is Chair of the Board and Director of a social enterprise where she maintains a leadership position and works on consultancy based initiatives to support the sustainability and resilience of social enterprises in the South East region.
Amanda works mainly in the public and not-for-profit sectors (including social enterprises and public business support services), for clients such as Buckinghamshire County Council, Aylesbury Vale District Council, Wycombe District Council, Central Bedfordshire Council, Northampton Borough Council, Surrey County Council, East Thames Group, Peabody Trust, Wellingborough Homes, North Hertfordshire Homes, Islington Council, SFEDI Awards, MK Arts for Health, Institute for Enterprise and Entrepreneurs, Leapfrog Mentoring Academy, MK Play Association, Surrey Youth Consortium, Social Enterprise South East and the YMCA.
Amanda is our practice lead for three sectors in particular: housing, the public sector and the VCSE sector. Follow the links to see what she has written for us about the differences in delivering customer service training in each of those three sectors.
Her qualifications include:
- Chartered FCIPD
- Post Graduate Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring Practice
- Full membership of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council and Fellow of the IOEE
- Qualified NLP Business Practitioner and NLP Performance Coach
- NVQ4 Training and Development (Learning and Development) with CIPD
- Certificate in Resource Based Therapy Practice (BPS)
Amanda has undertaken a number of consultancy assignments in the customer service field, including:
- Work with a new Contact Centre (County Council) to design and deliver induction and customer service training for all call centre operatives, followed by team building activities to embed standards and team working
- Delivery of a cross-departmental, service-wide customer focus training programme for front-line staff working in Inner London Borough Housing and Environmental Services
- Delivery of customer service standards training for front-line staff in two public service organisations
- Delivery of tailored customer service skills and behaviours training to two Housing Associations
- Delivery of customer service officer training and first line customer service training for the Courts Service
- Delivery of customer service training to a local authority and its partners (for front line staff), including dealing with challenging situations
Amanda is based in Milton Keynes and works throughout the UK, but particularly in London and the south-east (London, Essex, Surrey, Berkshire, Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire) and the Midlands (the West Midlands, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Warwickshire).