Monica has more than 30 years’ experience in the hospitality industry. She is known for her flexibility and passion in delivering an excellent service to her clients by providing bespoke training, consultancy and coaching services; this approach has helped her to develop long-lasting business relationships. Monica specialises in converting company values into meaningful behaviours for teams working at an operational level, in developing in-house sales teams and, of course, in customer service. She believes in developing talent at every level to deliver an excellent service to the customer.
Following roles in hotel operational management, Monica became Training & Development Manager responsible for 26 hotels in Queens Moat Houses. She had a key role in opening five hotels before setting up a successful training consultancy for six years. She went on to become a co-founder and Director of a national hospitality sector training company for more than twenty years. Monica has worked very closely with a range of clients from five-star hotels (including The Dorchester, One Aldwych Hotel, The Goring, The Merrion, Campbell Gray Hotels in Lebanon and Antigua) to the catering and commercial departments of key universities around the UK (including the Universities of Sussex, Edinburgh, Oxford, Cambridge, Durham, Manchester and Southampton). Other sectors include retail, restaurants and bars, conference centres and leisure.
Monica’s qualifications include:
- Member of the CIPD
- Licensed to use and provide feedback on the Thomas International Personal Profile (PPA)
- Accredited to deliver ILM programmes
- HND in Hospitality
- Qualified Training Officer through Lancastrian School of Management
Monica’s consultancy assignments include:
- Pre-opening planning and training for a number of 4 and 5 star hotels.
- Developing the sales team of an exclusive use venue through sales training and coaching to increase their conversion rates of private events.
- Delivering a series of University Hospitality seminars to conference and events audiences.
- Working with the One Aldwych Executive team to develop a new Vision, Mission and Values, then translating these into meaningful questions for their competency based interviews, and practical assessment criteria for probation reviews and annual appraisals. Training programmes are delivered to complement the whole system.
- Developing a programme of learning solutions ranging from short 2-hour ‘Masterclasses’ to longer courses and one-to-one coaching for a number of clients.
- Developing a range of in-house facilitator packs for use by in-company trainers.
- Training and supporting teams in achieving ILM qualifications.
Monica is based near St Albans, Hertfordshire and delivers customer service training across London, the south-east and nationally.