Steve is a highly experienced and popular trainer, speaker and coach. He spent many years as a customer service engineer in the data and telecoms sector, before transitioning to the commercial side of the IBM UK business as an account manager, and eventually a trainer. As an engineer, Steve realised the importance of being an ambassador for the company, and building relationships, for customer retention. He believes good communication, developing and maintaining a relationship are the building blocks for long-term business sustainability.
Whilst at IBM, Steve:
- Delivered customer care training to more than 200 sales staff, engineers, managers, professionals and help-desk staff. As a result of this training customer complaints decreased significantly, the engineer morale survey results were the highest on record, and sales were the highest for the decade.
- Delivered presentation skills and sales relationships skills training, amongst other topics, to over 100 professionals.
- Facilitated leadership programmes.
Steve then set up his own consultancy practice in 2009 as an independent business trainer and mentor, since when he has provided business training, masterclasses and mentoring on customer service, business strategy, presentation skills, sales, marketing, networking, communication and influencing, leadership and personal effectiveness to more than 600 clients across a wide range of sectors including education, IT, marketing, sales, accountancy, dental, and business consultancy.
Steve has reached the highest level of achievement with Toastmasters International as a Distinguished Toastmaster. He is also a professional member of the Professional Speaking Association and coaches executives and professionals in speaking skills.
His qualifications include:
- Certified NLP trainer and Master Practitioner
- Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Certified Coach with CoachU
- Profiles International assessment tool certified on Profile XT, PSA, 360 Degree, PPI (a DISC Plus style assessment)
- Distinguished Toastmaster, Toastmasters International (a leading non-profit organisation for improving communication and leadership skills in individuals)
- Full member of The Professional Speaking Association
He is a past president of both Maidenhead Speakers and Wokingham Speakers, and was Division Governor of Toastmasters International for SE England (Division H), 2012-2013, and President Elect for the Thames Valley Region of the Professional Speaking Association.
Steve is also co-author of The Secret of the Wealth Accelerators.
Steve is based near Reading in Berkshire and is able to deliver customer service training in London and the south-east (London, Essex, Kent, Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Surrey, Berkshire, Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire) and, indeed, across the country.