Jamie is a highly qualified and extremely experienced independent trainer, coach and assessor. He has a wealth of experience of teaching and training in a wide range of organisations and has helped businesses to grow through numerous learning and development activities. These include designing training, delivering training, coaching staff on the job, assessing staff, supporting managers, helping businesses set up and motivating the workforce. Jamie is also a successful public speaker and presenter.
As a qualified and professional trainer, Jamie is a huge ambassador of personal development. His outlook on training is that it should be about self-development and not shelf-development. The courses that Jamie delivers offer sustainable development that is both relevant and engaging.
Jamie’s ethos is to challenge people to develop whilst taking control and ownership of their own progress. Jamie’s ability to coach and embed all learning means that all knowledge is applicable to the workplace. Jamie provides all of this whilst increasing and optimising individual and business performance.
His many clients (eg, Egg Bank, Citi Bank, MedicAlert, Remploy, Shaw Trust, Advance Employment, Maximus, Care UK, The Together Housing Group, The WGC Group, Intuit, Assystem, Hafele, Perry’s, Hyundai, NHS Foundation Trust, Cleanright Facilities Management, Patrol, Rieke, Worseley, Ward Recycling, The Peel Group, The Linde Group, Guttridge, Pinnacle People, The Tess Group, The Skills & Development Agency, Trafalgar Square, London Midland Railways and The London Olympics, etc, as well as numerous sporting venues, schools, zoos and national security companies) cover an impressive range of sectors, including event management, security, banking, retail, sport, education and training. Jamie has a particular focus on customer service, sales, telecommunications, Welfare to Work and security. His training is always very well received, as the following comments from clients and course participants show:
‘Best course I have been on. Fact.’
‘Jamie has bags of energy, knows his stuff and is a pleasure to work with. He trained the team really well and we learned all the better for his great deliver style.’
‘Jamie is a superb trainer. Knowledgeable, innovative and enthusiastic.’
‘Jamie’s been supporting my team with enjoyable, interactive and informative training sessions over the past few months. He took the time to really get to know us to deliver workshops in consideration of the individuals in my team, as well as our needs as a business. His enthusiastic and engaging style is infectious; it’s great to see my team using their new found skills.’
‘Some of the learners had serious support needs and barriers to learning. Jamie provided the support they required in an effective way while ensuring the quality of the learning was sustained. I am glad to have this opportunity to recommend Jamie – I do so wholeheartedly.’
‘Jamie delivered some excellent training to our company – he is a very professional trainer who has so much knowledge. I enjoyed the time I spent with Jamie and encourage other to use him in the future. Thanks Jamie. You are a star!’
His qualifications include:
- BSc Honours Degree in Psychology and Counselling
- Certificate in Training Practice (CTP)
- Associate Member of the CIPD, Certificate in Training & Development
- Advanced BTEC in ‘Training to Groups’
- Qualified NVQ trainer and assessor
- Qualified Belbin team roles practitioner
- Insights Discovery Client Practitioner
- NLP Practitioner Coach
Jamie has also undertaken a number of consultancy assignments in the customer service field, including:
- Improved staff morale and business performance by facilitating and implementing a customer service programme, a coaching culture and call monitoring within a contact centre.
- Delivery of a national customer service and culture transformation programme for a large automotive company. Successfully facilitated 40 workshops to over 1,100 staff members at all hieratical levels. Workshop evaluation forms were recorded at over 95%. Sales figures and CSI scores have increased, staff morale has improved and customer feedback has risen by 22%.
- Successfully designed and delivered a coaching programme for a contact centre resulting in an improvement in call quality (measured by call monitoring) and customer satisfaction (customer satisfaction surveys).
- Training the staff and delivering Level 2 NVQs in Customer Service at Marwell Zoo, Blackbrook Zoo, London Zoo and Trafalgar Square (London).
- Amongst other training courses, delivering customer service training in Welfare to Work organisations (Remploy and Shaw Trust) and within banking and telecommunications (Egg Bank and Citi Bank).
- Design and delivery of customer service training as part of the Level 2 NVQ in Spectator Safety. The London Olympics asked for all security to have this qualification.
Jamie is based in Derby but works nationally.