Julie began her career in the insurance industry where she gained seventeen years of valuable experience in customer service, managing staff, projects and organisational change. Since 2002, Julie has utilised this experience in her work as an independent training consultant and she now provides successful training, coaching and consultancy solutions to a wide range of businesses across the UK, Europe, the US and the Far East.
Combining her own skills and experience with her natural enthusiasm and highly professional approach, Julie is able to identify, design and deliver the most appropriate training solutions for her clients. Since embarking on a freelance training career, Julie has worked with a variety of clients (eg, Nestle, NHS, Skipton Building Society, Halifax Bank of Scotland, O2, Newcastle University, Leeds City College, the Probation Service, the Consumer Credit Counselling Service, Yorkshire Water, Driver Hire, Leeds Commercial Vehicle Hire, etc) across a range of sectors including transport, finance, petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals and education. Julie has also worked as a Standards Verifier for Pearson and as an internal verifier and assessor for the Customer Service and teaching programmes at Leeds City College.
Her training qualifications include:
- Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Certificate in Further Education Teaching
- External Quality Assurance Award for Standards Verifiers
- V1 Internal Verifier and D32/D33 Assessor Awards
Since 2013 Julie has been an accredited trainer for the Driver Hire CPC courses and delivers a variety of JAUPT approved modules including Drivers’ Hours, Road Traffic Laws, Health and Safety and Customer Service.
Julie has also undertaken a number of consultancy assignments in the customer service field, eg:
- a publicly funded project to deliver accredited customer service and retail qualifications to staff working in the retail sector
- planned and managed bench-marking exercises by working with key customers to understand their service requirements and then managing teams in order to exceed expectations
Julie is based in Leeds but enjoys travel! She delivers customer service training throughout the North (Northumberland, Cleveland, Tyne and Wear, Co Durham, Humberside, Cumbria, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester) as well as the rest of the UK, Europe, the US and the Far East.