Health & safety law update 2017 – 25 October 2017
This course provides delegates with a broad understanding of how health and safety should be managed in any working environment. Roles and responsibilities for health and safety will be discussed through the key legislation and the presenter will explore with the delegates how these responsibilities should be implemented in practice in different types of organisations.
This is a collaboration with Subash Ludhra at Anntara Management Limited.
Full details below or download course outline.
To book your place on Health & safety law update 2017, please scroll to the bottom of this page to use our Eventbrite system.
The principles of risk assessment will be considered and their practical implementation discussed in relation to the management of the various hazards that are likely to be present in a typical workplace. The course will focus on the importance of taking a common sense approach to applying the principles in practice. This course provides the necessary health and safety awareness training for anyone in a working environment.
This course provides the essential foundation for those involved in middle or senior management and for anyone moving into a health & safety role.
The facilitator will outline the structure of health and safety law and how organisations and individuals could become liable for health and safety offences.
Subash is a qualified occupational hygienist with a chemical engineering background, now specialising in risk management and loss control. He has a wealth of experience gained from industry and commerce, both in the UK and abroad. Having started his career in a local authority, he moved into the brewing industry. He spent a further ten years working for Rentokil Initial and was a director within Initial Catering Services before leaving and establishing his own consultancy firm working with blue chip companies as well as SMEs. Subash prides himself on providing clients with practical, cost-effective solutions to their problems, relating to any aspect of risk or potential loss within their organisation. He has recently written a distance learning safety booklet to help promote health and safety within the workplace.
An experienced trainer, he has a unique ability to captivate his audiences, as the following comments show:
‘Fantastic trainer who totally engaged and motivated the group.’
‘Subash again performed with knowledge, information and humour.’
‘Very well presented. I think the subject was demonstrated in a manner that meant all attendees
were able to absorb and understand all items covered.’
‘I actually quite enjoyed the course!!’
‘A good course, excellent content and very well paced.’
‘Subash was extremely knowledgeable – a H&S encyclopaedia.’
‘A lot more interesting and engaging than expected!’
‘The speaker clearly had a significant breadth and depth of understanding and experience of the
‘Excellent use of case studies and ‘real life’ examples. A real professional.’
Health & safety law update 2017 – course outline
1 Significant cases / legal judgements and their likely impacts
- Leading cases and judgements over the last 12 months with analysis of the implications for organisations
2 Legal update and review continued
- Fee For Intervention Latest
- Latest RIDDOR statistics
3 Open Q&A session and delegate specific questions / topics
- Latest HSE position
- Brexit – what may happen going forward
- Corporate manslaughter update
4 CDM regulations and the entertainment industry
- ISO 45001
- Don’t forget & what can we expect over the coming 12 months?
Book now for Health & safety law update 2017 – 25 October 2017!
- All our events are very popular and places on this course are limited.
- Please book (and pay) online, using the Eventbrite order form below.
- Please read ‘the small print': We reserve the right to refuse admission if payment has not been received. A full refund will be made for cancellations received in writing at least 20 working days prior to the event date; there is no refund for cancellations made within 20 working days of the start of the event. We reserve the right to change the programme, the dates, the trainer or the venue: participants will be notified as soon as practicable in such circumstances. In the event that the event is cancelled, a full refund will be given. We disclaim any further liability.
- If you have a promotional code, please click on ‘Enter Promotional Code’ below. (We regret that we cannot give discounts retrospectively).
*Please note the presenters reserve the right to amend the programme if it is felt that a more important topic / issue arises relevant to the audience.*