Microsoft Word training – advanced skills – overview
Microsoft Office Word has come a long way since its debut in the early 80s. Yet so many of our students had rarely explored its wealth of features and functions before working with us.
Choose from half- or a full- days training designed specifically to suit the requirements of your business and the skill levels of your team.
Full details below or download course outline.
By the end of the course you will be able to create a template to automate your work. The template will include styles, table of contents, an index, and word fields. You will also be able to create bookmarks and hyperlinks to other documents.
In particular, you will be able to:
- Improve the layout of your text and page
- Use, create & amend standard automated documents, for example memos, faxes, forms etc
- Use & create consistent headings throughout long documents
- Create a list of the contents of the document with page numbers
- Move very quickly around long documents
- Use a particular view of your document that lets you choose to work with parts of the document (for example, see the headings only)
- Track any amendments that happen in a document
Anyone who has used Word before to create and alter text and page layout.
The training is very practical and objective that will have been prepared in advance to suit the skill levels and role of each individual within the class. The focus is on improving on what you already know but showing you more efficient ways of working to make you more productive. Participants are openly encouraged to discuss real-life examples from their own situations where they may be struggling with their IT applications so that they leave with personalised resolutions.
Each element of the course includes:
- High-quality training presentation
- Group exercises and team activities
- High degree of participation and interaction
Become more organised and connected with our up-to-date and real life scenario training to help make you more productive and skilful in the workplace
Our courses can be tailored to include any specialist topics such as advanced telephone skills, dealing with complaints, internal planning, etc., according to organisational need or the skill level of the participants.
The course is designed around Word 2013, the most recent version; however, it can be tailored to cover the 2010 or 2007 versions.
Shelley has more than a dozen years’ experience in helping people to get more from their computers. After working for an IT training organisation Shelley decided to ‘do her own thing’ when she realised the limitations of delivering standard courses.
Shelley and her team have worked hard to achieve accreditation by the Learning and Performance Institute for the IT Training Surgery, as a recognised high quality provider of IT training,
Shelley is highly visible on social media and has a reputation as the source of an endless stream of tips and techniques. She has a legion of raving fans who are confident that she can find a quick way to do virtually anything.
Microsoft Word training – advanced skills– course outline
1 Speeding up your work
- Keyboard shortcuts
2 Table of contents and outline views
- Creating a table of contents from styles
- Use the document map to navigate
- Edit a document using outline view
- Headers and footers using StyleRef
- Cross referencing using styles
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Page numbering
- Create templates in word
- Add the create date field to a template
- Add fill-in fields to a template
- Track changes