Microsoft Word training – intermediate skills – overview
Microsoft Office Word has come a long way since its debut in the early 80s. Yet so many of our students had rarely explored its wealth of features and functions before working with us.
Choose from half- or a full- days training designed specifically to suit the requirements of your business and the skill levels of your team.
Full details below or download course outline.
By the end of the course, you will be confident in going beyond the basic features of Word to improve text and page layout of your documents and create personalised mailings to groups of people.
In particular, you will be able to:
- Use keyboard shortcuts to improve your speed with certain tasks
- Automatically put ‘standard’ text into your documents with one press of the keyboard and correct your most regular typing errors
- Alter the position and layout of your text
- Create a list with automatic numbers on more than one level, for example 1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2, 2.1, 2.2 etc
- Lay text out in columns with borders and using shading
- Create personalised mailings and labels to groups of people using names and addresses
Anyone who has used Word before to create and alter simple documents.
The training is very practical and objective that will have been prepared in advance to suit the skill levels and role of each individual within the class. The focus is on improving on what you already know but showing you more efficient ways of working to make you more productive. Participants are openly encouraged to discuss real-life examples from their own situations where they may be struggling with their IT applications so that they leave with personalised resolutions.
Each element of the course includes:
- High-quality training presentation
- Group exercises and team activities
- High degree of participation and interaction
Become more organised and connected with our up-to-date and real life scenario training to help make you more productive and skilful in the workplace
Our courses can be tailored to include any specialist topics such as advanced telephone skills, dealing with complaints, internal planning, etc., according to organisational need or the skill level of the participants.
The course is designed around Word 2013, the most recent version; however, it can be tailored to cover the 2010 or 2007 versions.
Shelley has more than a dozen years’ experience in helping people to get more from their computers. After working for an IT training organisation Shelley decided to ‘do her own thing’ when she realised the limitations of delivering standard courses.
Shelley and her team have worked hard to achieve accreditation by the Learning and Performance Institute for the IT Training Surgery, as a recognised high quality provider of IT training,
Shelley is highly visible on social media and has a reputation as the source of an endless stream of tips and techniques. She has a legion of raving fans who are confident that she can find a quick way to do virtually anything.
Microsoft Word training – intermediate – course outline
1 Shortcuts and corrections
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Auto text
- Headers and footers – inserting a filename
2 Page set-up
- Page set-up
- Section breaks
- Tab leaders
- Outline numbering
- Creating and editing tables
- Applying borders and shading to tables
- Table auto-formatting
4 Creating different types of documents
- Creating a data document
- Creating a main document
- Creating a mail merge
- Creating labels in a mail merge