Successfully managing change – overview
This one-day course is designed to help managers understand that they are organisational change agents and that in this capacity they need to learn how to overcome resistance to change in themselves and others. It is designed to promote a positive response to organisational change, thereby contributing to a positive and optimistic working environment. The course will increase participants’ awareness of the need for change and will help in giving them insights into their own approach to change management, and how they attempt to influence others. As a result, it will increase both their own and the organisation’s effectiveness.
Full details below or download course outline.
This programme will help participants:
- Understand change management concepts
- Realise an open and willing attitude to change
- Understand the different effects of change on other people
- Deal with resistance to change
- Understand the importance of concise communication during times of change
- Appreciate the driving and restraining forces with change
- Managers at all levels who are responsible for managing individuals working in environments where change is a constant or in organisations planning a major change programme
- HR professionals responsible for implementing change
Dealing with change and managing change can be difficult and at times emotional. This course involves learning in a safe but provocative setting, where intense small and large group discussions engage participants in a thoroughly active way.
We recommend that the group be limited to 12 participants if maximum benefit is to be had from the day.
Rosanne has over twenty years’ experience working in Human Resources in blue-chip companies and in the public sector as an HR Manager, a trainer and a coach. Rosanne has worked at a strategic level within organisations and also has operational experience. She now runs her own consultancy practice and brings enthusiasm, pragmatism and a real understanding of the challenges facing businesses today.
Her work focuses on:
- Training (in HR skills, management development, skills training and training for trainers)
- Building high performance teams (using the Solutions Focus approach)
- One-to-one coaching (using the Co-Active Coaching approach)
- Expert facilitation (of meetings, workshops, strategy development days, etc)
Rosanne is passionate about helping organisations and individuals reach their full potential. She has substantial experience of training and development at all stages, including training needs analysis, designing and delivering training interventions and training evaluation against business outcomes and performance.
A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, a Business Practitioner in NLP and with a background in Transactional Analysis, Rosanne is also a qualified coach through the Coaches Training Institute and is also qualified to use a number of psychometric instruments such as OPQ/MBTI/TMSDI.
Sample feedback from Rosanne’s training courses:
‘A lot of information was absorbed. I’ve not had SO MUCH FUN on any previous course.’
‘Excellent facilitator. Can draw the audience and get the best out of them.’
‘I think that this is the most useful and enjoyable course I have attended so far, not only in content but also in presentation.’
‘Thoroughly enjoyable and highly relevant throughout. Very professionally prepared and presented. Thank you.’
‘Really fun, very informative, lots of great ideas.’
‘Excellent course in terms of content, right balance of theory and practical sessions. Rosanne made us feel extremely relaxed and gave feedback to help us learn from the practical sessions.’
Successfully managing change – course outline
1 Introduction and course objectives
2 The business case for change
3 Leading and managing change
- Leading v managing change
- Change equation
- Marathon model
- Baker’s dozen discussion
- Key principles for leading in turbulent times
- Tools for managing change
- Change leadership audit questionnaire
4 Personal impact
- The change continuum
- The stages of change
- The personal power grid
- The predictable process of change
- The personal identity exercise
5 Managing the human side of change
- Managing the transitions
- Managing the impact on employees
- Managing the impact change has on you
6 Reframing resistance
- Communications principles
- Key success factors for effective communications
- Tips for successful communications during change
- Workshop review / discussion