Personal resilience – overview
This workshop-based bite-size will provide space to explore some practical tools and ideas on how to be more resilient when faced with challenging and tough situations.
There is an opportunity to do a self assessment and bring it to the day as a means to identify areas to work on and begin to master skills that will enhance resilient thinking. There will be time to explore what resilience is and understand the range of practical tools and techniques available that can be used beyond the workshop itself.
Full details below or download course outline.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Discuss and evaluate their personal strengths and areas for development in being more resilient at work
- Understand what resilience involves and how to identify and challenge their own beliefs that undermine resilience
- Understand the four aspects of resilience – confidence, adaptability, building support and maintaining a clear perspective
- Understand how to use resiliency tools to help to cope better with the challenge of change
- Review and evaluate their learning and have an action plan to take back and implement in the workplace
Anyone who would like to learn how to become more resilient.
A half-day workshop to learn how to be more resilient at work in challenging situations in order to improve personal effectiveness.
Amanda is a highly experienced coach and facilitator specialising in providing leadership coaching, management development programmes and facilitation services to the public, private and voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sectors. Her work in the public service sector, in particular, has so far extended to facilitation sessions, focus groups, team development, personal effectiveness skills training, customer service training, performance management training, and specialist leadership and management programmes.
Personal resilience – course outline
1 Welcome, introductions and objectives
- Breaking the ice
2 Identifying current challenges in relation to work
- How we handle these challenges
3 Defining resilience and how and why it helps our personal effectiveness and thinking
4 Resilience skills and how to develop them
5 Learning a resilience tool that promotes new ways of thinking / working
6 Review and evaluation of learning
- Action planning