Steve is a highly experienced and popular trainer, speaker and coach. He spent many years in the data and telecoms sector, before transitioning to the commercial side of the IBM UK business as an account manager, and eventually a trainer.
Steve saw for himself at IBM that the customer experience is the competitive battlefield for sales and business growth and that being an ambassador for the company, having good communication skills, developing strong relationships and having an ethos of providing excellent service are the building blocks for long-term business sustainability.
While at IBM Steve:
- Delivered customer care training to more than 200 sales staff, engineers, managers, professionals and help-desk staff. As a result of this training customer complaints decreased significantly, the engineer morale survey results were the highest on record, and sales were the highest for the decade.
- Delivered presentation skills and sales relationship skills training, amongst other topics, to over 100 professionals.
- Facilitated leadership programmes.
Steve then set up his own consultancy practice in 2009 as an independent business trainer and mentor, since when he has provided business training, master-classes and mentoring on sales, networking skills, customer service, sales awareness for IT professionals, business strategy, networking, presentation skills, communication and influencing, leadership and personal effectiveness to more than 600 clients across a wide range of private and public sectors including IT, sales, accountancy, education, HMRC, healthcare, and business consultancy.
He has reached the highest level of public speaking achievement with Toastmasters International as a Distinguished Toastmaster. Steve is a full member of the Professional Speaking Association and also coaches executives and professionals in speaking skills.
His qualifications include:
- Certified NLP trainer and Master Practitioner
- Clinical hypnotherapist
- Certified coach
- Profiles International assessment tool certified on Profile XT, PSA, 360 Degree, PPI (a DISC Plus style assessment)
- Distinguished Toastmaster, Toastmasters International (a leading non-profit organisation for improving communication and leadership skills in individuals)
- Full member of The Professional Speaking Association
Inspired? If you’d like a telephone call with Steve to discuss your sales training requirements, simply give us a call on 01582 714285 and we’ll arrange it for you. We’re here to help!