Call it what you will – commercial instinct, ‘nous’ or awareness – understanding how to make commercial decisions is a crucial skill. And it’s one which doesn’t come naturally to everyone, which is no doubt why ‘Commercial instinct’ is one of our ten most popular programmes.
It’s a very stimulating two-day workshop, which gets great feedback. It can be run in a number of different formats – the most rewarding is usually the two-day version using a business simulation.
The key learning objectives include:
- Identify ways to analyse data and sort relevant from irrelevant information
- Develop analytical and numerate thinking, and consider the financial implications of a decision
- Make decisions based on sound commercial reasoning – a mix of intuition and analysis
- Select from a range of tools to analyse a situation and apply these effectively
- Understand how costs and profits are calculated
- Use tried-and-tested techniques to manage and control your budgets
- Appreciate the fundamentals of financial analysis
It’s a tried-and-tested programme. Could it be just what your managers need?