Remember that 96% of unhappy customers never complain
But if their problem remains unsolved – they usually tell ten other customers!
Here’s a 12-point plan to help you hang on to your customers:
- Select the right customers through market research
- Know your purpose for being in business – to attract and keep a customer. Everything else is detail
- Move customers from satisfaction to loyalty by focusing on retention and loyalty schemes
- Develop reward programmes
- Customise your products and services
- Train and empower your employees in excellent customer service
- Respond to customers’ needs with speed and efficiency
- Measure what’s important to the customer – always add value
- Know exactly what customers want in their relationship with you
- Know why customers leave your enterprise by producing customer exit surveys
- Conduct a failure analysis on your enterprise
- Know your retention improvement measures – have a strategy in place.
© The author
This thought has been taken from Graham’s book ‘Companies don’t succeed, people do!’ Graham delivers outstanding sales and customer service training – click here for details of some of his programmes.