Good facilities management includes being up to speed with current law and practice surrounding, among other things health and safety in the workplace. Like many other aspects of law, expert advice and guidance is often imperative to understand what the organisations position is and potential legal pitfalls they may be open to.
Health and safety for facilities management – updated programme
This popular one day course, delivered by an expert and senior practitioner in the facilities management arena, has been recently up dated to include all current law related to health and safety in the workplace.
Designed specifically for those responsible for facilities management but also of interest to people who need a broad awareness of health and safety law in the workplace. The day is highly practical and interactive and includes group discussion and workshops and practical course notes to use back in the workplace.
At the end of the day participants will understand:
- How safety legislation has evolved and why
- The logic behind recent developments and the implications for staff and employers
- Key areas of current legislation
- Roles and responsibilities in health and safety management, including monitoring contractors and suppliers effectively
- How to implement sound health and safety policies and procedures
- How to get staff on board, and implement effective systems
- How to recognise potential risks and hazards and developing strategies to minimise their impact in the workplace
For more information on our FM courses see here – or call us on 01582 714285 for details on how we can help you.