Where does one start with project management training?
- define clear goals, agreed by all the principal stakeholders
- develop realistic plans, based on sensible assumptions and backed up by good risk management
- create an effective organisation, giving the right people clear roles and responsibilities
- implement pro-active controls, emphasising problem prevention
- give appropriate leadership, to the team and between the team and the organisation
- build genuine teamwork, for a partnership between all the key participants
This might all sound very obvious, but many projects fall short on one or more of these points and under-perform as a result. The sad truth is that a lot of very good, well qualified project managers, using all the right tools and methodologies, have nevertheless seen their projects come unstuck – and it’s always because one or more of these six project management principles hasn’t been implemented properly.
Training for project leaders and managers
- Leading projects – starting at the top, this two-day workshop focuses on the leadership role of the project manager. Even the most experienced project managers find something to learn from it.
- The professional project manager – this two-day programme focuses on the strategic role of the project manager.
- Project appraisal and risk management – a dual-qualified engineer / accountant presents this highly practical two-day programme on the financial appraisal of projects.
Training for project teams and technical staff
- Introduction to project management – the one-day overview.
- Successful project management – the ever-popular two-day programme.
- Practical project management – our new, comprehensive three-day workshop.
- Live project review – this unique programme uses one of your own live projects to help resolve current problems and at the same time draw out lessons for the future.
- Project planning and risk management – if your project teams struggle to create and maintain effective plans, this two-day project control course could be the answer you’re looking for.
- Agile project management – a fresh take on project management. This programme presents the concepts and methods of Agile project management, and shows how to apply them to a range of project and change management situations.
- Finance for project managers and engineers – a very practical, fun, two-day course on a key subject.
Training for specific types of project
- R&D projects – one of our most popular specialist programmes, this intensive two-day course deals specifically with the management of R&D projects, which require some differences in approach from conventional project management.
- Smaller projects – how to lead and manage a portfolio of smaller projects in a multi-project / multi-task environment.
- Product development – how to use Agile techniques in product development projects.
Training for non-project oriented organisations
- Business project management – this one- or two-day programme covers the essential planning methods and team-skills that ensure project success.
- Project management made easy! – a charismatic trainer takes you through project management, step by easy step.