We have assembled a core team of commercial training specialists who combine many years of practical experience with a passion and a talent for sharing their knowledge and expertise. Between them, they can deliver courses and workshops at any level across the entire spectrum of commercial, contracts and procurement topics and skills. The advertised commercial training programmes can all be tailored to meet your particular needs – some of them are even designed to be built around your own ‘live’ projects – but if you can’t see what you are looking for then we would be more than happy to develop a commercial training programme specially for you.
We also run some of these programmes on an open basis, in London. Scroll down to ‘Procurement and related training courses and workshops’ for details.
Commercial awareness and related training courses and workshops
Procurement and related training courses and workshops
- Contract management for practitioners - This very practical two-day IACCM-approved programme enables contract management practitioners to competently and compliantly manage a wide range of routine, leverage, bottleneck, and strategic contracts.
- Contract management – the client perspective - A two-day exploration of how to apply best practice contract management in your organisation, to help you get the best from your contractors.
- Contracting in the NHS - This highly focused one-day programme has been designed to improve participants’ skills, knowledge and competencies in the key components of the commercial cycle that are generally applicable to NHS contracts.
- Developing commercial awareness and skills - This two-day programme is designed to give participants an appreciation of the need for a more commercial approach across the organisation.
- Developing effective scopes of work and specifications - This very practical and focused one-day workshop enables end users, technical experts, proponents, internal customers and other key stakeholders to work with procurement and contracting to develop effective specifications and scopes of work.
- Effective supplier and contractor evaluation – the 10C Model - This one-day workshop enables end users, technical experts, proponents, internal customers, and other key stakeholders to work with procurement and contracting to undertake effective and robust evaluations.
- Essential financial skills for purchasing and procurement – The aim of this programme is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to manage their purchasing and procurement activities more profitably and with a greater degree of financial understanding and confidence.
- Facilities management for first-line managers and supervisors - This comprehensive two-day programme enables participants to efficiently and effectively manage facilities management tasks for a variety of different premises and operational requirements..
- Facilities management for operational facilities managers - This comprehensive two-day programme enables participants to efficiently and effectively manage facilities management tasks with regard to a variety of different premises and operational requirements.
- Intermediate negotiation skills - This very practical two-day, role-play based, IACCM-approved programme provides participants with the skills, knowledge and competencies required to plan for and carry out effective negotiations.
- Introduction to contract management - This very practical one-day IACCM-approved programme enables participants to manage the process of commercial contracting and contract management effectively.
- Introduction to NEC3 - This is a golden opportunity to get expert advice on when and how best to use the NEC3 suite of contract forms.
- Introduction to negotiation - This intensive one-day IACCM-approved programme helps participants develop the skills, knowledge and competencies required to plan for and carry out effective negotiations in a range of different environments.
- Introduction to procurement - This very practical one-day programme provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to be an effective member of the procurement team.
- Introduction to public sector procurement - This very effective one-day introductory programme will enable participants to understand and apply the principles of effective procurement in the public sector.
- Introduction to supply chain management - This comprehensive one-day programme has been designed to provide participants with an overview of basic supply chain principles and concepts.
- Legal aspects of contracting and procurement - This very practical one-day IACCM-approved programme provides participants with an overview of the legal system with regard to contracting for the purchase of goods and services.
- Managing client and supplier relationships - This very practical one-day IACCM-approved programme provides participants with the skills, knowledge and competencies required to effectively create, develop, and manage a variety of commercial relationships.
- Measuring procurement performance - This one-day programme enables those who are responsible for the day-to-day management of purchasing and procurement activities to measure the effectiveness of the function and deliver enhanced performance.
- Practical negotiations workshop - This intensive two-day programme is the ideal opportunity to develop and hone your collaborative negotiation skills in a practical workshop environment.
- Professional procurement – a performance improvement workshop A unique, tried-and-tested procurement training programme that can be tailored to your specific needs.
- Project management and procurement - How can the procurement function adapt to a project environment without losing sight of its professional objectives? This very practical one-day IACCM-approved programme explains all.
- ‘Soft skills’ for the procurement and contracting team - This one-day programme is designed specifically to help procurement and contract management professionals develop the abilities, knowledge and competencies required.
- Strategic contract management - This unique two-day programme enables participants to better manage (and lead and direct others in) a wide range of strategic contracting activities.
- Strategic procurement management - An intensive two-day programme to enable participants to understand what best practice in strategic procurement management looks like.
- Supplier management – Two days with the expert on managing suppliers and service providers.
- Sustainable cost reduction – A highly practical one-day programme to enable participants to effectively apply a range of practical cost reduction tools and techniques.
Other commercial training topics
Courses and workshops can be provided on the following subjects:
- Construction claims management and adjudication
- Construction contracts – FIDIC, ICE, JCT, etc
- Contract disputes
- Cost reduction
- Customs regulations update
- Engineering contracts – MF1, NEC, etc
- EU procurement rules
- Export risk management
- Exporting – the essentials
- Going out to tender
- Importing – the essentials
- Intellectual property
- IT and software contracts
- Joint ventures
- Letters of credit
- Managing major procurements
- Process industry contracts
- Public / private partnering
- Selling against the competition
- Subcontract management
- Supplier appraisal
- Supply chain risk management
- Tender evaluation
Full details of any of these programmes are available on request.
Still can’t find what you’re after? Then please just give us a call on 01582 714285, with no obligation at all, to discuss your commercial, contract law or procurement training requirements. We’re here to help!