We have assembled a core team of commercial training specialists who combine many years of practical experience with a passion and a talent for sharing their knowledge and expertise. Between them, they can deliver courses and workshops at any level across the entire spectrum of commercial, contracts and procurement topics and skills. The advertised commercial training programmes can all be tailored to meet your particular needs – some of them are even designed to be built around your own ‘live’ projects – but if you can’t see what you are looking for then we would be more than happy to develop a commercial training programme specially for you.
Looking for a virtual option? Most of our programmes can also be delivered in webinar formats. To discuss what this might look like for your organisation, give us a call on 01582 463463 to talk through your requirements. (See also the extensive range of ‘off-the-shelf’ webinars offered by our sister company, Maximum Performance, here.)
Commercial training courses and workshops
- Commercial awareness for project staff and engineers - The definitive one-day programme for project teams and engineers.
- Commercial awareness for technical people - A practical one-day course, designed and delivered by a technical trainer for a technical audience.
- Commercial awareness in the public sector - An eye-opening day, to help ensure success in taking a commercial approach to service provision
- Commercial decision-making – ‘Stop, Think, Act!’ - This two-day programme is a very high-energy experience, activity-based with practical exercises that allow participants to work through the decision-making process and understand why they are doing it.
- Commercial instinct - A stimulating, wide-ranging two-day programme, with a highly practical focus.
- Construction law – introduction - This one-day course is a practical introduction to the subject. An ideal grounding in the subject before participants undertake further training in the relevant contract terms and conditions.
- Contract and commercial management for practitioners - The ideal best practice five-day programme, leading to the IACCM’s coveted CCMP award.
- Contract law – introduction - A two-day introduction to English business contract law.
- Contract management for practitioners - This very practical two-day IACCM-approved programme (CCMA) enables contract management practitioners to competently and compliantly manage a wide range of routine, leverage, bottleneck, and strategic contracts.
- Developing effective scopes of work and specifications - This very practical and focused one-day workshop enables end users, technical experts, proponents, internal customers and other key stakeholders to work with procurement and contracting to develop effective specifications and scopes of work.
- Intellectual property – the business perspective – A one-day guide to the protection, management and commercial exploitation of all forms of intellectual property.
- Introduction to contract management - This very practical one-day IACCM-approved programme enables participants to manage the process of commercial contracting and contract management effectively.
- Introduction to contract negotiation - This intensive one-day IACCM-approved programme helps participants develop the skills, knowledge and competencies required to plan for and carry out effective negotiations in a range of different environments.
- Introduction to procurement - This very practical one-day programme provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to be an effective member of the procurement team.
- Introduction to supply chain management - This comprehensive one-day programme has been designed to provide participants with an overview of basic supply chain principles and concepts.
- MoD contract terms and conditions - This very practical two-day workshop guides you through the key MoD terms and conditions of contract.
- Sustainable cost reduction – A highly practical one-day programme to enable participants to effectively apply a range of practical cost reduction tools and techniques.
- Software management – the business perspective – A one-day workshop on the benefits of taking an holistic approach to software management.
- Successful bid management - The ideal one-day introduction to the bidding and tendering process.
- Trade secrets – the business perspective – A one-day guide to the protection of trade secrets.
Other commercial training topics
Courses and workshops can be provided on the following subjects:
- Construction claims management and adjudication
- Construction contracts – FIDIC, ICE, JCT, etc
- Contract disputes
- Cost reduction
- Customs regulations update
- Engineering contracts – MF1, NEC, etc
- EU procurement rules
- Export risk management
- Exporting – the essentials
- Going out to tender
- Importing – the essentials
- Intellectual property
- IT and software contracts
- Joint ventures
- Letters of credit
- Managing major procurements
- Process industry contracts
- Public / private partnering
- Selling against the competition
- Subcontract management
- Supplier appraisal
- Supply chain risk management
- Tender evaluation
Full details of any of these programmes are available on request.
Still can’t find what you’re after? Then please just give us a call on 01582 463463, with no obligation at all, to discuss your commercial, contract law or procurement training requirements. We’re here to help!