Facilities management for operational facilities managers
Full details below or download course outline.
This comprehensive two-day programme enables participants to efficiently and effectively manage facilities management tasks with regard to a variety of different premises and operational requirements.
The programme will help participants:
- Understand the total process of facilities management, thus enabling the process to deliver corporate goals, compliance and added value
- Exploit opportunities to extract extra added valued from outside contractors
- Develop appropriate relationships with contractors to ensure performance
- Develop appropriate relationships with internal customers to deliver the corporate plan and goals
- Understand and manage the provision of maintenance and service in all appropriate areas
- Understand and manage the audit and inspection process, including company and local standards
- Develop, operate and manage appropriate health and safety processes
This prorgamme is designed for those who operationally manage teams delivering facilities management services, contracts and related tasks. Facilities managers seeking BIFM Level 4 qualifications of Award, Certificate or Diploma will find this programme useful in supporting their studies.
The expert trainer for this two-day programme adopts a proactive, participative, and participant-centred approach with emphasis on the practical application of the tools, techniques and templates discussed. The learning needs to be embedded into the fabric of the organisation and the trainer uses context-based case studies and other tasks to achieve this.
The content of this course has been cross-mapped with the BIFM Level 4 qualification.
Certificates of attendance provided on request.
The majority of the training we deliver is either tailored or completely bespoke. This workshop can therefore be delivered entirely as advertised, or it can be tailored to your particular requirements, or we can simply take it as a starting point for a conversation with you before we draft a completely bespoke programme for you – the choice is yours.
John has more than twenty years’ experience in facilities management in a variety of roles – employed, as a consultant and as a very popular trainer. His FM career began with the Post Office and Parcelforce, where he was responsible for FM services at 30 sites around the country. This led him to a specialist interest in soft FM service and he took up a consultancy role working for a number of clients in the retail, financial and government sectors initially and subsequently across all sectors. A former non-executive director of the British Institute of Facilities Management (and chair of their Procurement Special Interest Group), John is a popular conference speaker as well as an experienced trainer.