Call control – with confidence!
The cost to an organisation of mis-handled calls is very often out of all proportion to the root cause of the initial call. Yet the skills required to control customer calls are well-known and can be successfully taught and mastered. This programme shows how calls can be controlled and dealt with swiftly, efficiently and to total customer satisfaction.
Full details below or download workshop outline.
The objectives of this programme are to:
- Provide skills training to newer members of the team
- Refresh the skills of those wishing to attend from existing teams
- Show commitment to the development of the team members
- Honour staff development and skills enhancement expectations
- Complement the competencies required to be successful customer service ambassadors for your organisation
By the end of this course participants will be better able to:
- Recognise the causes of customer frustration
- Quickly establish the facts
- Remove behaviours which antagonise or aggravate the situations
- Take control of the call to offer confidence to the caller
- Reduce the number of escalated calls
- Manage the expectations of the caller as to possible solutions
- Deal confidently with uncertainty, reassuring the customer through style and manner
Sales, customer service and call centre staff – and any other staff who are regularly on the receiving end of telephone calls from customers and clients.
This one-day course uses a mixture of formal tutor inputs, practical exercises, role play and tutor-facilitated discussion.
Depending on the number of participants and their pre-course skills levels, it may be preferable to run this programme over two days rather than one.
The course can be tailored, at no additional cost, according to organisational need and/or the skill level of the participants.
Jocelyn is a highly experienced and very popular customer service and management skills trainer. She is also a published author on Contact Centre Management.
In the UK, the standard price is £995 per day’s training, plus VAT. Internationally, the price varies, depending on the country: please call us for details. Whether in the UK or internationally, you get:
- A day’s customer service training for a maximum group size of 12 (8 to 10 recommended)
- A tried-and-tested course (tailored, if necessary, to your specific needs)
- The advertised expert customer service trainer
- A workbook for each course participant, including invaluable reference materials for use after the course
- A personal action plan for each participant, to help them raise their level of customer service
- A certificate of attendance for each course participant (if requested)
- A comprehensive report giving you the participants’ feedback from the day’s training
- A follow-up call three months later to help assess the extent of the improvements achieved as a result of the training
Any hidden costs? The only additional costs are the trainer’s travel and incidental costs, and (if really unavoidable) accommodation costs – and we’ll give you an estimate of these costs before you commit.
- Profitable customer service
- ‘Call reasons’ – brainstorm exercise
- What are the expected standards?
2 The key techniques
- Behaviours and consequences
- Questioning to establish facts
- Gathering the right information
- Behaviours which antagonise
- Tactics to eliminate irritations
- Developing rapport with ‘Mr Angry’
- Exuding confidence
- Using voice control
3 Putting it to the test!
- Preparation for role play
- Role plays with feedback
- Open forum
- Action planning
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 714285 – we’re here to help!