Dramatic customer service!
Everyone who has ever worked in customer service will know that every customer is different and no two situations are ever exactly the same. Being able to adapt and flex your style to accommodate all of your customers is the key to achieving complete customer satisfaction.
‘Dramatic Customer Service!’ offers your staff the opportunity to discover the theory behind excellent customer service and then put the learning into practice with professional actors providing accurate realistic examples of challenging customer situations.
Every session is tailored to the needs of your organisation, with participants gaining valuable insight and feedback from those around them. This is a highly practical, skills-based day, injected with humour and fun throughout the day.
Please click HERE to be taken to our sister brand’s website, The Customer Service Training Company, where you will find a more up-to-date version of this programme.
Full details below or download workshop outline.
This unique programme will help your people:
- Develop an increased awareness of the way in which they use their tone of voice, body language and content to communicate with customers
- Reveal and sharpen their sensory skills, enabling them to accurately read customers and adapt their behaviour accordingly
- Discover how to read the signs of those customers who are likely to create conflict and deal with them effectively
- Develop solution-based language which will help them to avoid deadlock and confrontation
- Increase their confidence when delivering difficult messages and dealing with challenging customers
- Put themselves in the customer’s shoes and understand what gold standard customer service looks, sounds and feels like
Front-line customer service staff, whether they deal with internal or external customers, face-to-face or on the phone.
The workshop combines a series of drama-based communication exercises, with powerful forum theatre technique and one-to-one skills practise sessions with every participant.
With your organisation’s own customer service standards injected into the day, participants will be challenged to perform and find a gold standard level of service.
The course can be tailored, at no additional cost, according to organisational need and / or the skill level of the participants.
Cyrus Cooper is an exceptional trainer, facilitator and coach. He specialises in helping managers to focus on their role and responsibilities with the aim of getting great results with the people they manage. Whether delivering a one-off workshop or designing an innovative management development programme, Cyrus delivers with understanding, enthusiasm and passion, and truly believes that learning is about creation, not consumption. Cyrus’s academic and professional qualifications include a Masters Degree in Management Practice, MBTI accredited, SDI accredited, Facet5 accredited, DiSC accredited, Diploma in Executive and Corporate Coaching, Diploma in Business Coaching, Diploma in Business Excellence (EFQM), NVQ Assessor, etc. Cyrus is enthusiastic and practical in his approach, with tools and methodologies explained clearly. His strong facilitation skills and focus on his audience create a powerful learning experience and the response from individual participants is invariably appreciative, as the following comments show:
‘Cyrus was brilliant – as usual.’ ‘Building a Customer Mentality’ course participant, Inter-Hannover
‘This session was exceptionally brilliant. The trainer drew me out of my shell.’ Graduate Development Workshop participant, Mouchel
Stephen and his team of drama-based learning specialists have been delivering highly successful, hands-on, practical customer service training solutions for the past six years. With a combined experience of over 50 years’ in theatre-style training, Stephen and his team can help your people overcome the challenges of dealing with difficult customers through effective communication and find a gold standard level of customer service using drama-inspired techniques.
Stephen’s clients include, among others, Boston Borough Council, Camden Council, Kent County Council, Westminster Council, British Telecom, Legoland Windsor, Nutricia, Sodexo and Vodafone.
‘Stephen listens to our needs and delivers professional and engaging work. He sees the opportunity to inject the learning with fun and humour. We feel Stephen gives us the edge when developing our people.’ Mary Tobin, Repairs Contact Centre Manager, Camden Council
In the UK, the standard price for this programme (delivered by one of our lead trainers, Cyrus, together with Stephen and one of his associates) is £2,225 per day’s training, plus VAT. Internationally, the price varies, depending on the country: please call us for details.
Any hidden costs? The only additional costs are the trainer’s and actors’ travel and incidental, and (if really unavoidable) accommodation, costs – and we’ll give you an estimate of these costs before you commit.
1 The warm-up
- Entertaining theatrical sketch depicting an example of poor customer service
- Participants then direct the scene, remoulding it into a successful customer-focused outcome
2 What makes a great performance?
- Establishing participants’ experience of excellent customer service
- Examining the practicalities of excellent customer service
3 An award-winning show
- Cross-referencing participants’ standards with those of the organisation
4 Communicating with your audience
- An introduction to communication
- Practical exercises and theory
- The three natural components used to communicate
- Traditional theatrical game
5 Dress rehearsal
- Delegates prepare scenarios which are relevant to their own roles
6 The first night
- Participants put learning in to practice with one-to-one role-plays
- Each scenario is followed by feedback related to:
- – Listening skills
- – Use of effective open questions
- – Use of silence
- – Body language
- – Vocal tone
- – Solution based content
7 The curtain call
- Group discussion
- Key learning points
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 714285 – we’re here to help!