Helping people buy
Customers are looking for the whole buying experience to be easy and pleasurable. In an increasingly competitive marketplace with high expectations from customers, service excellence is essential.
As customers become more sales savvy, success in telephone and internet sales in particular means very quickly gaining the confidence of potential customers. This workshop focuses on helping you delight customers by providing consistent service excellence, especially when they are unhappy.
Please click HERE to be taken to our sister brand’s website, The In-House Customer Service Training Company, where you will find a more up-to-date version of this programme.
Full details below or download workshop outline.
- Create a welcoming and engaging experience for customers
- Develop a caring approach that results in loyal brand ambassadors
- Understand how unhappy customers create great opportunities
- Build trust quickly with customers to develop the sale further
- Help customers reach the best buying decision for them
- Deal in advance with any potential issues customers might experience
- Understand how to guide customers to making a commitment
The workshop is particularly useful to those in a customer service role who are also tasked with up- and cross-selling but who do not necessarily see themselves as sales people, hence the focus on helping people buy.
Working in the retail banking sector, Scott formed a strong framework of customer service sales and service standards, interacting with customers face-to-face or on the telephone, including via customer contact centres. He then used this expert knowledge and skill to train and coach colleagues. After leaving the corporate world Scott developed his experience as an independent trainer and coach with a wide range of businesses and sectors including retail, hospitality, travel, finance, technology, wholesale, education, charities, utilities, legal and manufacturing.
Any hidden costs? The only other costs are the trainer’s travel and (if really unavoidable) accommodation costs – and we’ll give you an estimate of these costs before you commit.
1 What do customers want?
- How service and sales expectations have changed
- What do customers look for in an ideal sales person?
- What do you expect?
2 First contact
- Creating a positive mind-set
- Developing a winning and welcoming approach
- Determining where to focus our attention
- Setting primary and secondary objectives
3 Developing rapport
- How to quickly ‘tune in’ to your customers
- Every call is an opportunity
- Creating and developing the customer’s relationship with your brand
- Using positive and engaging language
4 Understanding what they want or need right now!
- Framing effective questions for a range of different situations
- Finding out what’s important to your customers
- Developing active listening skills
5 Show how you are going to help your customers
- Presenting your answers to their questions
- Developing techniques for responding to challenging situations
- Creating loyal brand ambassadors
6 Helping the customer make a commitment
- Understand how the customer will make the buying decision
- Help the buyer sell the idea to themselves
- Gaining the final commitment
7 Action planning
- Creating a team action plan for a consistent and professional approach
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 714285 – we’re here to help!