How organisations communicate with new, existing and internal customers can dramatically affect the bottom line. The crucial first point of contact sets the tone for the whole relationship.
This programme has been designed specifically to deal with the essential skills necessary to represent the organisation to the best possible effect.
Please click HERE to be taken to our sister brand’s website, The In-House Customer Service Training Company, where you will find a more up-to-date version of this programme.
Full details below or download workshop outline.
- Enhanced understanding of the vital role of reception
- Improved communication skills
- Increased ability to deal with different types of customers and situations
- Efficient and effective information flow within the business
- Additional confidence
Each element of the course includes:
- High-quality training presentation
- Group exercises and team activities
- High degree of participation and interaction
The course includes regular discussion, planning and other practical exercises to develop and practise the skills and methods presented. Presentation and exercises can be tailored to specific situations from participants’ work. The style is up-beat and motivational.
If it’s difficult to release all relevant staff for training at the same time, the trainer can deliver a condensed half-day version of the programme, for delivery to half the team in the morning and the other half in the afternoon.
‘Candy is so professional. Makes everything seem possible.’
‘Very professional. Went so quickly because I enjoyed the training.’
‘Learnt a lot on subjects that I wouldn’t think to ask about.’
‘Invaluable tips and suggestions to improve how you do your job and handle yourself at reception.’
‘Candy was very knowledgeable, very professional and a pleasure to learn from.’
‘Very, very good, interactive and lively. Answers questions raised with examples which really helps.’
‘Highlights human behaviours and gives more understanding as to how and why our reactions can influence our daily interactions with clients.’
‘Candy is funny, knowledgeable, interested in your point of view.’
‘Very interesting and certainly makes you think.’
‘This course makes you more aware of your role within your firm and gives you the knowledge and tools to improve both your awareness and the positive action you can take moving forward.’
‘Candy made me realise that a receptionist admin role is very important and should be valued by others. I feel more empowered and able to cope and be a better receptionist/admin.’
‘Really enjoyable, learnt a lot – beneficial.’
‘Motivates you and encourages you to be more assertive and valued.’
‘Full of useful information and strategies to help make the receptionist’s role more fulfilling.’
‘Really enjoyed session, worthwhile and thought-provoking.’
‘Candy is very good, knowledgeable – with the right amount of humour to make the course enjoyable as well as informative.’
‘A great overview of the skills necessary to be a great receptionist.’
‘It was a strong experience and I have learnt a lot of things that I can easily apply from now on.’
‘Candy is lovely, very informative and experienced and works at a steady pace. She is excellent at making everyone play a part of the course. Thank you.’
‘Candy is a lovely lady, full with energy and fun to be around.’
‘Candy is very skilled in delivering the course and making it all seem easy. She is a very good communicator.’
‘It was a fun course, a lot to learn and I do 100% recommend it.’
‘Candy is fantastic!’
‘Cannot wait to put it into practice!’
Any hidden costs? The only additional costs are the trainer’s travel and incidental, and (if really unavoidable) accommodation, expenses – and we’ll give you an estimate of these costs before you commit.
- Workshop objectives and personal objectives
- The challenges of 21st century communication
- What makes an excellent point of Reception? And why is it so important?
- Who and where are our customers?
- As a customer, how do you like to be treated?
- What makes people feel valued?
- Objective and subjective aspects of customer service
- ‘Micro moments’ that shape the relationship
2 Communication on Reception
- Definition of communication
- Barriers to good communication
- The ‘recipe’ of verbal, vocal and visual aspects of communication
- Differences between communicating face-to-face and on the telephone
- Communication ‘leaks’
- The primitive human response
- The impact of visual communication – body language, gesture and facial expression
- Words – positive words and phrases compared with negative terminology
- Professional greetings face-to-face
- Steering the conversation with effective questioning
3 Telephone excellence
- How we use the telephone
- Qualities of the telephone
- Non-verbal communication on the telephone – what aspects can be ‘seen’ by the other person?
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Taking and leaving messages – key points that can help customers, colleagues and the organisation
- Clarifying information
4 Listening skills for accuracy and relationship building
- How accurate are your listening skills?
- Active / empathetic listening
5 Creating a rapport by ‘style flexing’
- Understanding how different people communicate
- Shaping our message to the other person so that they feel understood
- How changing situations can alter communication needs
6 Confidence and assertiveness
- Recognising different styles of behaviour – aggressive, passive and assertive
- Qualities of assertive communication – verbal, vocal and visual
- Assertive techniques – basic, persistence, negotiation / empathetic
- Demonstrating confidence
7 Coping in a pressurised environment
- Words – the most useful ones to use with stressed people and identifying the ‘red rag’ words
- Challenging situations – what do you find difficult and how do you respond?
- Dealing with outbursts of anger
- Bringing non-stop talkers back from their tangent
- Constructive ways to say ‘no’
8 Pulling it all together
- Action plans
- Summary of key learning points
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 714285 – we’re here to help!