Resilience in customer service
This one-day programme is designed for front-line staff who need to develop their resilience. It is a highly practical session, full of tips and techniques that will enable participants to develop their ability to ‘bounce back’ and to improve their coping skills.
Please click HERE to be taken to our sister brand’s website, The Customer Service Training Company, where you will find a more up-to-date version of this programme.
Full details below or download workshop outline.
The aim of this programme is to help participants:
- Understand what is meant by resilience
- Explain why being resilient is so important
- Develop a resilient approach to customer service situations
- Manage challenging situations through the use of specific techniques
- Build personal confidence and gravitas
- Use a toolkit to increase resilience and improve coping skills
The programme is suitable for anyone working in a pressurised environment who would benefit from developing their resilience. This includes, but is not limited to, customer service staff in the public or private sector, NHS workers and local government employees – especially those whose roles may require them to say ‘no’ more than ‘yes’.
This is a practical and engaging one-day session which makes use of a variety of learning methods including tutor input, paired activities and practice sessions. Some modest role play is included, although this is not ‘front of class’ and is carried out in pairs. The style is very facilitative and learner-centred, taking into account the needs and preferences of the group on the day whilst at the same time delivering the programme as agreed with the client in order to meet the specified learning objectives.
Miranda has more than twenty years’ experience as an independent learning and development consultant and trainer. Much of her work is focused on the public service and VCSE sectors.
She started her career working within the Management Development Unit of the Printing and Publishing Industry Training Board, moving on to a role in the Probation Office’s learning and development team before leaping across into financial services, where she was responsible for the Learning and Development of a major high street lender.
In 1992 she started her own learning and development consultancy. Working with a range of clients – including many of the locally based councils around Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire – Miranda’s expertise is in helping organisations to identify learning gaps, and to develop tailored, creative and relevant strategies for meeting these needs with a view to helping organisations to meet their objectives.
In addition to her professional role, Miranda is also very involved in local community development activities. She is Chair of a local homelessness charity and has been instrumental in developing and facilitating community leadership programmes in both Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
See what programme participants say about Miranda’s training:
- ‘Superb. Clear, warm, engaging – and very well informed.’
- ‘Engaging and pitched very appropriately for the audience today.’
- ‘Lively, focused, keeps it interesting.’
- ‘Very funny and enthusiastic.’
- ‘Excellent presentation style.’
- ‘A lot of fun.’
- ‘Miranda is very engaging, warm and welcoming, great trainer.’
- ‘She is absolutely lovely!’
- ‘Very bubbly manner and clearly deeply knowledgeable about her subject.’
- ‘Very personable and engaging’
In the UK, the standard price is £995 per day’s training, plus VAT. Internationally, the price varies, depending on the country: please call us for details. Whether in the UK or internationally, you get:
- A day’s customer service training for a maximum group size of 12 (8 to 10 recommended)
- A tried-and-tested course (tailored, if necessary, to your specific needs)
- The advertised expert customer service trainer
- A workbook for each course participant, including invaluable reference materials for use after the course
- A personal action plan for each participant, to help them raise their level of customer service
- A certificate of attendance for each course participant (if requested)
- A comprehensive report giving you the participants’ feedback from the day’s training
- A follow-up call three months later to help assess the extent of the improvements achieved as a result of the training
Any hidden costs? The only additional costs are the trainer’s travel and incidental costs, and (if really unavoidable) accommodation costs – and we’ll give you an estimate of these costs before you commit.
1 An Introduction to resilience
- What is resilience?
- Why is being resilient so important?
- Why do some people appear to be more resilient than others?
- What are the situations where we need to be resilient?
2 Resilience in customer service
- Being able to stand our ground
- Demonstrating gravitas through use of voice and tonality
- Non-verbal behaviour
- Assertiveness techniques
- Calming – Reaching – Controlling
- What to do if a situation becomes ‘unrecoverable’
- Using complaints / appeals processes
- Managing sensitive situations
- Understanding games people can play
- Avoiding the ‘drama triangle’
3 Developing personal resilience
- Understanding the difference between pressure and stress
- Developing an internal locus of control
- Identifying early warning signals of not coping
- Building coping skills
- Coping strategies for self and others
- Learning from experience and the experiential learning cycle
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 714285 – we’re here to help!