Beverley is an experienced and dedicated actress, role-player, facilitator and trainer in communication skills, with a particular focus on working with medics and vets. She now brings her expertise in communication skills to the delivery of our suite of customer service training programmes.
Her role playing and facilitation skills, coupled with her extensive experience of the healthcare sector, make her an ideal trainer to deal with issues such as cultural diversity, the older generation, people with a learning disability or physical disability (blindness, deafness, speech impediment, stroke, etc). Specific training sessions can be tailored to the requirements and needs of the client.
Beverley’s work has an international dimension, undertaking selection and training for role-players, and communication skills sessions for doctors in Russia, Portugal, Kazakhstan, Belgium, Poland, Norway, Amsterdam, Oman and Burma. She is fluent in French and has a fair knowledge of Dutch.
Beverley’s clients include:
- University of Cambridge Veterinary School
- Veterinary Defence Society (‘Challenging situations for Equine Vets’, ‘Communication Challenges within a Team’, and ‘Managing Difficult Situations’ – the latter held in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Amsterdam)
- Veterinary Graduate Reunions – Dublin, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bristol, London, Cambridge, Liverpool, Nottingham (including staged scenarios and forum theatre)
- Merial International Veterinary Conference – Dubrovnik (challenging staged scenarios broadcast live over the Web)
- The British Veterinary Association – Managing Challenging Situations for Vets at Home and Abroad
- The London Vet Show – staged demonstrations in communication
- Harper Adams/Nottingham Veterinary School -– facilitation and roleplay in communication skills for veterinary nurses
- The Royal College of Veterinary Medicine – courses and assessments for vets and staff
- Anglia Ruskin Ophthalmology, Royal College of Ophthalmologists, Royal College of Osteopathic Medicine, Royal College of Emergency Medicine, Vets Now, Pet Doctors, The Blue Cross, Pets at Home, Royal Canin, RCVS/BVA/CVS conferences in Communication, Central Veterinary Services (CVS), International Veterinary Services, miscellaneous private practices, universities, independent practices, hospitals, hospices, etc, etc
- Individual help for doctors, surgeons and specialist consultants (including paediatrians, psychiatrists, oncologists, etc)
Beverley is based in Cambridgeshire and works across the UK and internationally.