Anne has over 20 years of experience in the hospitality, higher and further education sectors. She draws on her operational experience in the hospitality industry to deliver practical and engaging customer service training. Anne specialises in helping others to understand their personal impact, allowing people to plan to adapt their style to improve communication and business results. She understands the importance of staff being engaged and motivated to work towards businesses goals. Her training style is energetic and inclusive and she will always stimulate a lot of participation and discussion and will encourage you to put your learning into action in the workplace.
Anne started her freelance training career after leaving the hospitality business. Her training for a local college quickly led her into a full-time teaching post and then eventually to spend 12 years in the University of Reading. At Reading she initially headed up the training and development department for the Estates and Facilities directorate, where she delivered customer service and management training for multiple food outlets, security staff, maintenance, grounds and cleaning teams. She later moved to take the role of Head of Learning and Development university wide, which designed and delivered training, coaching and teambuilding interventions for some 4,500 staff in the academic and non-academic arms of the business.
As an internal consultant she has dealt with a wide range of challenges:
- Project lead for the Facilities Management Directorate leading to the attainment of Investors in People Gold Award.
- Culture change to one of staff engagement.
- Developed an in-house competency framework along with associated recruitment documentation, and roll-out of associated management and staff training.
- Change management to support business restructure: this included designing line manager training to help teams through change, personal resilience, interview skills training for staff and Insights Discovery® personality ‘type’ training for teams.
- Worked with the University of Reading Rowing club to help them better understand each other in order to gain a competitive edge.
- Various interventions to help teams develop their values, visions and missions and align those to business goals and practical positive behaviours.
Her qualifications include:
- MSc in Training and Performance Management
- Henley Professional Certificate in Coaching
- Insights Discovery Licensed Practitioner
- Associate member of the CIPD
- Certificate in Education (University of Reading)
- Insights Discovery personality profiling for individual, team and leadership training
- Customer service
- Unconscious bias in decision-making
- Train the Trainer
- Management development
- 360° feedback
Anne is based in Wokingham, Berkshire and works across London and the south-east.