Arjen is a highly experienced businessman, hospitality operator and trainer. After fifteen years as a general manager, leader and business owner within well known hotel groups and his own operations, he has managed departments and teams in Hilton, Moat House, Premier Lodge and De Vere Hotels before setting up his own businesses Armadillo Gastro Pubs and ‘The Dining Team’. He has trained numerous teams of service staff across different functions and undertaken many hospitality consultancy roles for first rate organisations, such as Winston’s Wish, Arundel Castle and The Chichester Biltong Company. As a consultant, general manager and hospitality operator, Arjen has always been a firm believer in training and developing his teams to deliver outstanding customer service and achieve business goals. With this in mind Arjen is able to use his 25 years of commercial and customer service expertise to deliver a practical approach to training, focusing on skills, knowledge and techniques that are immediately transferable to the workplace and inspiring teams to really care and make an impact within their departments. Arjen is based in Chichester, West Sussex, and he is willing to travel to deliver this excellent course.
Arjen has undertaken a number of consultancy assignments in the customer service field, including:
- As owner and operator of ‘The Dining Team’ the ongoing recruitment and development of a team of highly skilled bespoke contract catering service and food preparation staff
- The implementation of work flow procedures with ‘the customer in mind’ for The Chichester Biltong Company
- Relaunch of the food and beverage operation for Arundel Castle, a premium visitors attraction in Arundel, West Sussex, including the retraining of existing staff and the recruitment and training of new team members
- Owner and operator of Armadillo Gastro pubs – the ongoing recruitment, training and development of the service staff – front and back of house
- Project management of the opening and subsequent management of the brand new Premier Lodge Hotel in Chichester – which involved the implementation and training of operations and customer service standards across the entire operation
- As General Manager the complete overhaul of the team and service standards of the previously struggling Britannia 180 bedroom Hotel – The Royal Albion, including the opening of adjoined music/bar venue.
- Management development training for Ericsson in Greece
- Consultancy and bespoke training delivery for Albion Hotels in each unit to prepare it for resale
- Responsible for the pilot launch and implementation of corporate Brand Standards Training for Hilton food and beverage and conference and banqueting departments within Hilton East Midland Hotel
- As General manager at the New Park Manor, a privately owned boutique hotel, carried out a complete hotel refurbishment and new opening; and responsible for the recruitment and development of the staff for every department within the hotel
- As Senior Assistant Manager, responsible for the operational training and customer service management skills of a team of 10 hotel graduate trainees within De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel, each year
- 1 of a team of 5 dedicated Guest Services Managers at the well renowned hotel and golf resort, The Belfry Hotel.