Jill is a learning and development consultant with a career background in customer relationship management. After graduating, she joined a multi-national advertising agency, where she worked with marketing managers to develop campaigns for some of the world’s best known consumer brands including Mars, Bounty, Twix, Uncle Ben’s, Dolmio, and Whiskas. After ten years with the mad men, she left to re-train as an actor and theatre director, and set up her own theatre company, producing and directing plays which she then marketed to theatre venues across London and the south west. She was invited to use her experience of marketing, communication and drama to deliver corporate training, which quickly led to a new career in learning and development. She uses her diverse skills and expertise to enable participants to deliver excellent customer service through building relationships, and believes passionately that we all have something to sell – a product, a dream, or a point of view.
She has worked with numerous organisations to develop their people in leadership, management and communication skills training. Clients include: Bank of England; National Grid; John Lewis Partnership; KPMG; Marks & Spencer; Unilever; NCH Europe; European Securities & Markets Authority; The Wine Society; CIPD; Roche Pharmaceuticals; Gap Partnership; HSBC; Legal Services Commission; and the Financial Services Authority (now the FCA). She also works on staff recruitment programmes for clients such as Visa, Royal College of Nursing, Mattel, Lawn Tennis Association and Transport for London and she has selected and trained teams of actors for assessment centres for the Home Office (recruiting at HEO and Grade 8) and for T-Mobile (selecting business to business sales reps).
Jill has worked for five years with Civil Service Learning, delivering training to British civil servants throughout the UK and also overseas. Customer service modules include: Delivering Excellent Customer Service, most recently with the Crown Prosecution Service; Adapting your Behaviour to Suit the Customer, and Negotiation Skills.
Her experience spans many market sectors, including financial services; energy; manufacturing, automotive; pharmaceutical; telecoms, retail, entertainment, emergency services, media, IT, social housing; sport, local authorities and universities.
Her qualifications include:
- BA Hons English Studies
- CIPD Certificate in Training Practice
Jill has undertaken a number of assignments in the customer service and sales field, including:
- Design and delivery of a one-day workshop on consultative selling for System Concepts, to support subject matter experts in developing new business opportunities. A drama-based session using forum theatre and roleplay helped to introduce structure to the existing sales approach, and gave participants the opportunity to recognise and practise effective consultancy skills
- Design and delivery of a two-day presentation skills workshop for NCH Europe to provide sales managers with the skills to engage potential clients by speaking with confidence and increased personal impact
- For John Lewis Partnership, Jill delivered comprehensive induction training to new partners who opened the company’s flagship store at Westfield Stratford, covering company strategy, vision and objectives, as well as selling and customer service which embodies the JLP brand values. She managed new partners on secondment to John Lewis Kingston in preparation for their permanent roles in Stratford, observing their progress and providing coaching and feedback. She reviewed their individual learning programmes; ensured personal targets were met; provided support where necessary to enable partners to complete role-specific training activities.
- Design and delivery of a three-month one-to-one coaching programme for a principal scientist (chemical industry) to develop new skills to facilitate the expansion of her role into selling and marketing
- For BMW and Mini, Jill worked on ‘Raising the mark’, a two-year programme for dealers, to promote sales excellence through a values-driven approach
Jill is based in West London.