Chris is a consultant, facilitator and executive coach with an excellent understanding of how to improve the personal and team contributions individuals make to their organisations. He has been working in the field of Management Training, Development and Consultancy since 1982, working in Europe, North and South America, Africa and Asia. He uses this breadth of organisational and cultural experience to expand the horizons of his participants: this enables them to see new possibilities and explore new ways of working, ultimately leading to achieving outstanding personal and organisational results. He uses a range of training, facilitating and coaching approaches to create a supportive but challenging environment from which to plan the changes individuals and teams need to implement improvement in their own place of work.
Previous roles have included working in outdoor management training, managing teams of support staff in a training company before moving into Training and Consultancy work, and eventually setting up his own business in 1997. He has since developed a number of specialisms, including developing customer service, team building and development, executive coaching and ‘vision and mission’ workshops.
Chris has experience of working in a wide variety of sectors including aviation, pharmaceuticals, motor manufacturing, finance, petro-chemical, project management, construction and not-for-profit organisations, for clients (both large multi-nationals and smaller privately owned businesses) such as The Royal Navy, Lancaster, Warwick and Reading University Management Schools, Canon, Shell, Merck, C & J Clarks, BAE Systems, Carillion, Deutsche Bank, a number of County Councils, Menzies Aviation, Rover, PLAN, Department for International Development, Oxford Policy Management and many others.
His qualifications include:
- Qualified Belbin Team Profile Trainer – Belbin Associates
- Strength Deployment Inventory Facilitator – Personal Strengths Publishing
- Lifestyles Inventory and Profiling Trainer – Verax Human Synergistics
- Executive Coaching Skills Course – Lancaster University Management School
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching – FFS
Chris has undertaken a number of consultancy assignments in the customer service field, including:
- Delivery of senior management workshops to support effective service level agreements between multi-company teams working collaboratively on a joint project in the construction and project management field.
- Delivery of a customer-focused training programme for front-line staff working in the shoe retail industry.
- Working with a rapidly expanding family-owned group of garden centres to design and deliver induction and customer service training for new staff.
- Delivery of internal customer facing skills for graduates in a pan-European technology company.
- Design and facilitation of a cross-departmental quality improvement programme for a major South West ‘destination,’ focused on improving the customer experience.
Chris is based in Exeter and works throughout the UK and abroad.