Directing change – overview
This workshop is designed for current and aspiring directors who are responsible for directing change in their organisation, to ensure that they are able to make an effective contribution to the initiation, oversight and management of change by considering:
- The board’s role in directing change
- The implementation and management of change
- The effectiveness of change
The programme is appropriate to public and private companies, as well as organisations in the public and social enterprise sectors.
Full details below or download course outline.
At the end of this workshop each participant will have:
- Knowledge of the board’s role in initiating and responding to change
- A clear understanding of the oversight and control of change
- A clear understanding of leadership styles and change management
- The basis of a review of the effectiveness of change management programmes
This workshop has been designed primarily for recently-appointed directors (and those aspiring to a board position), although there are clear benefits to having the entire board take part.
A practical and pragmatic one-day workshop, featuring examples and case study work to ensure an appropriate balance between the practical and the theoretical.
This workshop can be adapted to reflect your current processes, whether to ensure compliance with them or to offer an opportunity to review and improve them.
We are blessed with a team of outstanding trainers in this area, who all combine excellent training skills with extensive practical experience of being directors themselves and offering corporate governance consultancy support of one sort or another. They are all very used to delivering training internationally as well as in the UK.
The choice of trainer is entirely yours. You simply need to bear in mind their travel and (if absolutely necessary) accommodation costs, so pick the closest trainer to you or scroll through the list to find a trainer with the specific sector background you’re looking for. If you want some advice on who to choose, just give us a call on 01582 714282.
Please click here to see our list of trainers available to facilitate this course.
Directing change – course outline
1 The board’s role in directing change
- The board and change
- Oversight and control of change
- Change and entrepreneurialism
- Types of change
- Initiation and response to change
- Change and creativity
2 Implementing change
- System, process and structural changes
- Cultural change
- Change in an emergency
- Crisis management
3 Leadership and change
- Leadership style and change management
- Change agents and champions
- Communicating change
- Change in a cultural context
4 Measuring change
- Surveys and benchmarking
- Balanced scorecards
- Business excellence modelling
5 Integrative case study
- Case study review
- Course review