Environmental Sustainability (Level 1) – BSC Award – Overview
Environmental resources are limited and are sensitive to many of the things we do. The actions we take today will affect things in the future. This qualification raises awareness of sustainability issues and helps learners to make sustainable choices in the workplace.
This introductory course covers:
- The three strands of sustainable development
- Excess consumption and the problems this can cause
- How individuals impact on the environment
- Natural resources and their importance
- Sustainability issues related to natural resources
- How goods and services are created
- The impacts of waste and how they might be reduced
- The impacts of energy usage and how they might be reduced
- The impacts of water usage and how they might be reduced
- The impacts of transport usage and how they might be reduced
- The concept of sustainable community
- The local and global benefits of sustainable communities
Course details below or download course outline.
Anyone needing a basic awareness of sustainability issues.
A half-day programme, for up to 12 people, with a short multiple-choice test, the successful completion of which qualifies participants for the BSC Level 1 Award, Environmental Sustainability.
David has more than twenty years’ experience in environmental, health and safety management and training. Formerly Head of Environmental Protection Training for the Ministry of Defence and later Environment Health and Safety Manager with one of the UK’s largest cement manufacturing companies and H&S Adviser with Visa, he set up his own consultancy practice in 2006, providing support, advice and training on health & safety and environmental management to help organisations to reduce their environmental impact and improve their health and safety performance.
David graduated with a BSc (Hons) in Environment Management from Cranfield University. He is a Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) with the Society for the Environment, a Chartered Waste Manager with the Chartered Institution for Waste Management (CIWM), a member of IOSH at GradIOSH level, a member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) and is registered with the IEMA as an Associate Environmental Auditor. He has accredited centre status for the delivery of BSC and IOSH qualification programmes.
David is a very popular trainer, as the following comments from recent programme participants demonstrate:
‘David was excellent!’
‘Very knowledgeable and engaging.’
‘Nice guy, very knowledgeable and good references to true scenarios.’
‘David is very good at answering any questions that you are unsure of and focuses the answer down so that you can understand the information given.’
‘Lively, open for discussions, good examples.’
‘Very professional and knowledgeable.’
‘Engaging and approachable.’
‘Good pace, clear instruction and explanation throughout.’
‘Good course, well delivered.’