Exercise and fitness – Overview
Perhaps you struggle to find the time and motivation to fit exercise into your working day? Or you’re not sure about what exercise is right for you or how much you should be doing.
Take away a set of personal physical activity goals for yourself to improve your fitness levels and general health and wellbeing.
Course details below or download course outline.
During the session we’ll discuss:
- Facts about physical activity and exercise. How much exercise we should be doing to stay fit and healthy vs. how much to improve our fitness levels and strength.
- What are the components of physical fitness, types of exercise training and benefits of each.
- How to get started if you’re new to exercise and easy ways to incorporate more exercise into your working week (Open discussion to establish the group’s current activity levels and tailor advice and ideas)
- How you can motivate yourself to exercise more
- Q&A – a chance for the group to ask questions or advice
Managers and staff at all levels.
A bite-sized session for up to 15 people.
Julia is a leading Pilates and fitness instructor who specialises in bringing fitness classes directly to offices across London. She is passionate about getting workplaces active and championing the benefits of staff health and wellbeing to employers.
Prior to becoming a fitness instructor Julia worked in the health charity sector which included five years at the British Heart Foundation (BHF) project managing National Heart Month. Having worked in an office she knows too well the time and motivational challenges people face when it comes to exercise. It was weekly lunchtime Pilates classes offered whilst at the BHF which first got her into fitness and she’s now been practising Pilates for over ten years.
In 2011 she set up her own business as, like many, she found it hard to find the time, and often motivation, to go to the gym or exercise after work. So she had the idea to make it easier by bringing classes directly to the workplace. Initially it was just Julia teaching Pilates, but after reaching full capacity and seeing demand for other classes too, she recruited other instructors. She now works with a team of fantastic fitness instructors bringing Pilates, Circuits, HIIT, Yoga, Zumba and more directly to workplaces across London. She is a winner of Jacqueline Gold’s Women in Business Award for Female Entrepreneurs.
Julia has a strong media presence, providing quotes, advice, and articles for workplace health features in the media including: BBC Radio 4, Guardian, People Management magazine, WeAreTheCity, Health Club Management, Prima and Business Healthy to name a few. She was also recently on the expert panel for a Guardian online live Q&A about staying healthy in the workplace.