HR professionals are increasingly aware of the need to take a more strategic approach but are often held back by the inability of line managers to deal effectively with routine employment issues. At the same time, there is a constant stream of new legislation to deal with. There was never a better time to step back and address your organisation’s HR training needs, to ensure that both your HR teams and your line managers are fully equipped to deal with their increasingly demanding roles. And there was never a better team of expert trainers to help you!
Please note: we now deliver all our HR training programmes under a different brand, Maximum HR, so the links below will all take you to that website.
Looking for a virtual option? Most of our programmes can also be delivered in webinar (ie, ‘virtual classroom’) formats. See the sample outlines here. (See also the extensive range of ‘off-the-shelf’ webinars offered by our sister company, Maximum Performance, here.) To discuss your virtual delivery requirements, please give us a call on 01582 463463.
HR training courses and workshops
- A coaching approach to strategic partnering - This two-day workshop will help you develop your skills as a strategic partner and equip you with the knowledge to take a coaching approach with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Change management – This one-day workshop will help participants successfully manage change within their organisation.
- Difficult conversations – The overall aim of this workshop is to build knowledge, skills and confidence in having difficult conversations at work.
- Disciplinary and grievance issues - This one-day HR training course will enable participants to manage disciplinary and grievance issues effectively, using a structured approach which focuses on positive action and problem-solving.
- Diversity and equal opportunities - Managing diversity in a positive way is simply common sense, as this very practical one-day HR training course explains.
- Employee relations, trade unions and the law - A day of practical advice and guidance from an HR consultant who has both the necessary in-depth experience of unionised environments and the training skills to impart her knowledge in a stimulating and refreshing manner.
- Employment tribunals - A very practical one-day HR training course, presented by a tribunal member.
- Handling sensitive HR issues – This is a highly participative workshop aimed at giving line managers additional strategies, skills and confidence to handle the myriad of sensitive and challenging issues that may arise in the workplace.
- HR team identity day - This workshop provides an opportunity for your team to work together as ‘one HR team’ and begin the journey of creating a team identity.
- Influencing skills for HR - This workshop will give you the opportunity to reflect on your impact at work and identify situations in which you would like to be more influential.
- Interview techniques and CV preparation - This one-day programme gives participants the skills they need to prepare a well-structured, concise and effective CV and the confidence to put themselves forward for interview (particularly interviews for internal roles).
- Introduction to Organisational Development – This one-day workshop helps participants understand the OD mindset and use a number of OD processes and tools.
- Investigating sexual harassment allegations – This one-day workshop is designed specifically to build on participants’ existing investigative knowledge and skills in order to enable them to investigate allegations of sexual harassment appropriately.
- Investigations – conducting workplace investigations - The definitive HR training course on how to handle workplace investigations in compliance with the ACAS Code of Practice regime, presented by an expert trainer / HR consultant with many years’ experience of the public as well as the private sector.
- Job descriptions - A vast amount of time is spent preparing job descriptions and person specifications, often to little purpose. This highly practical one-day HR training workshop will improve the process as well as the end results.
- Managing absence and health issues effectively - This workshop equips managers with the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage sickness absence proactively and appropriately in accordance with your organisation’s policies, best practice and legal considerations.
- Managing people within the law - Line managers have a responsibility to manage their staff effectively and in line with best practice, internal policies and procedures and employment law. This one-day HR training for managers course focuses on key HR areas and equips managers with the necessary knowledge to manage proactively and effectively.
- Organisational Development masterclass – This two-day workshop will help participants successfully understand application of OD processes and tools, explore the role of the OD practitioner and develop their own skills and talents in this role.
- Performance reviews and appraisals - This one-day workshop has been designed to help managers implement their organisation’s performance appraisal system effectively.
- Professional HR – a performance improvement workshop - This unique two-day best practice workshop is focused on helping HR teams achieve new levels of peak performance.
- Recruitment interviewing and selection - This one-day HR training course will help your managers make the right decisions in the recruitment of new staff. The emphasis is on the use of a structured approach where good preparation and effective interviewing techniques ensure that the ‘right’ candidates are taken on by the organisation in accordance with internal policies, best practice and legal considerations.
- Reorganisations, redundancies and TUPE - This one-day HR training course covers the minefield of the law relating to redundancy and reorganisation, including the TUPE regulations.
- Stress management for HR professionals – This programme has therefore been designed to help HR professionals identify how they can best support their organisation in preventing, reducing and managing stress.
- Training needs analysis – This thoroughly practical one-day workshop will help prepare all those involved in a training needs analysis to play their part effectively.
Other HR training courses also available
HR and employment law are very broad areas and training requirements can vary for different types of organisation, so we have assembled a very wide-ranging portfolio to suit all needs. HR training courses and workshops can be delivered on the following subjects:
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Appraisal skills
- Assessment centres
- Change management
- Competency-based interviewing skills
- Competency frameworks
- Confidentiality, employee rights and data protection
- Conflict resolution
- Dealing with difficult interviews
- Disability awareness
- Dismissal within the law
- Effective HR support
- Employee engagement
- Employee handbook review
- Employee surveys
- Employing overseas nationals
- Employing UK nationals overseas
- Employment law for charities
- Employment law for local authorities
- Employment law for PCTs
- Employment law for schools
- Employment law – in-depth
- Fitness for work
- Flexible working
- Graduate recruitment
- HR benchmarking
- HR strategy
- Induction training
- Information and consultation
- Internal communications
- Internal consulting skills for HR
- Maternity rights
- Mental health
- Organisational design
- Organisational psychology
- Part-time working
- Pay and benefits
- Performance management systems
- Personal skills inventory – introduction
- Personnel records
- Personnel policies and procedures review
- Psychology of change
- Recruitment skills
- Redundancy management
- Religious discrimination
- Retention workshop
- Reward strategies
- Sex discrimination
- Work/life balance
Full details of programmes on any of these subjects are available on request – and please don’t forget to look at our management and personal effectiveness skills portfolio for more programmes on HR issues targeted specifically at line managers.
Still can’t find what you’re after? Then please just give us a call on 01582 463463, with no obligation at all, to discuss your commercial, contract law or procurement training requirements. We’re here to help!