HR professionals are increasingly aware of the need to take a more strategic approach but are often held back by the inability of line managers to deal effectively with routine employment issues. At the same time, there is a constant stream of new legislation to deal with. There was never a better time to step back and address your organisation’s HR training needs, to ensure that both your HR teams and your line managers are fully equipped to deal with their increasingly demanding roles. And there was never a better team of expert trainers to help you!
Please note: we now deliver all our HR training programmes under a different brand, Maximum HR, so the links below will all take you to that website.
HR training courses and workshops
- Disciplinary and grievance issues - This one-day HR training course will enable participants to manage disciplinary and grievance issues effectively, using a structured approach which focuses on positive action and problem-solving.
- Diversity and equal opportunities - Managing diversity in a positive way is simply common sense, as this very practical one-day HR training course explains.
- Employee relations, trade unions and the law - A day of practical advice and guidance from an HR consultant who has both the necessary in-depth experience of unionised environments and the training skills to impart her knowledge in a stimulating and refreshing manner.
- Employment tribunals - A very practical one-day HR training course, presented by a tribunal member.
- Family-friendly policies, procedures and the law - Are you up-to-speed with all the latest developments and best practice?
- Investigations – conducting workplace investigations - The definitive HR training course on how to handle workplace investigations in compliance with the ACAS Code of Practice regime, presented by an expert trainer / HR consultant with many years’ experience of the public as well as the private sector.
- Job descriptions - A vast amount of time is spent preparing job descriptions and person specifications, often to little purpose. This highly practical one-day HR training workshop will improve the process as well as the end results.
- Managing people within the law - Line managers have a responsibility to manage their staff effectively and in line with best practice, internal policies and procedures and employment law. This one-day HR training for managers course focuses on key HR areas and equips managers with the necessary knowledge to manage proactively and effectively.
- Professional HR – a performance improvement workshop - This unique two-day best practice workshop is focused on helping HR teams achieve new levels of peak performance.
- Recruitment interviewing and selection - This one-day HR training course will help your managers make the right decisions in the recruitment of new staff. The emphasis is on the use of a structured approach where good preparation and effective interviewing techniques ensure that the ‘right’ candidates are taken on by the organisation in accordance with internal policies, best practice and legal considerations.
- Reorganisations, redundancies and TUPE - This one-day HR training course covers the minefield of the law relating to redundancy and reorganisation, including the TUPE regulations.
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults: recruitment and selection for work with vulnerable groups - A very practical one-day HR training course on the proposed new vetting and barring scheme for people whose jobs bring them into contact with children and vulnerable adults.
- Sickness and absenteeism - This one-day HR training workshop will give your managers the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage absence proactively and appropriately in accordance with your organisation’s policies, best practice and legal considerations.
Other HR training courses also available
HR and employment law are very broad areas and training requirements can vary for different types of organisation, so we have assembled a very wide-ranging portfolio to suit all needs. HR training courses and workshops can be delivered on the following subjects:
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Appraisal skills
- Assessment centres
- Change management
- Competency-based interviewing skills
- Competency frameworks
- Confidentiality, employee rights and data protection
- Conflict resolution
- Dealing with difficult interviews
- Disability awareness
- Dismissal within the law
- Effective HR support
- Employee engagement
- Employee handbook review
- Employee surveys
- Employing overseas nationals
- Employing UK nationals overseas
- Employment law for charities
- Employment law for local authorities
- Employment law for PCTs
- Employment law for schools
- Employment law – in-depth
- Fitness for work
- Flexible working
- Graduate recruitment
- HR benchmarking
- HR strategy
- Induction training
- Information and consultation
- Internal communications
- Internal consulting skills for HR
- Maternity rights
- Mental health
- Organisational design
- Organisational psychology
- Part-time working
- Pay and benefits
- Performance management systems
- Personal skills inventory – introduction
- Personnel records
- Personnel policies and procedures review
- Psychology of change
- Recruitment skills
- Redundancy management
- Religious discrimination
- Retention workshop
- Reward strategies
- Sex discrimination
- Work/life balance
Full details of programmes on any of these subjects are available on request – and please don’t forget to look at our management and personal effectiveness skills portfolio for more programmes on HR issues targeted specifically at line managers.
Still can’t find what you’re after? Then please just give us a call on 01582 714285, with no obligation at all, to discuss your commercial, contract law or procurement training requirements. We’re here to help!