Leadership, management and personal effectiveness
We have some truly outstanding trainers in this area, all of them combining many years of practical experience with a passion and a talent for sharing their knowledge and expertise. These programmes are all delivered in a lively, relaxed, informal manner – but not at the expense of a resolute focus on helping people improve performance, whether their own or their teams’. The programmes range from half-day ‘energisers’ to three-day ‘immersion’ courses. They can all be tailored to meet your particular needs but if you can’t see what you are looking for then we would be more than happy to develop a programme specially for you.
Please note: financial management programmes for non-financial staff are listed separately, in the ‘Finance’ section.
Looking for a virtual option? Most of our programmes can also be delivered in webinar formats. To discuss what this might look like for your organisation, give us a call on 01582 463463 to talk through your requirements. (See also the extensive range of ‘off-the-shelf’ webinars offered by our sister company, Maximum Performance, here.)
Leadership and management development
A range of one-, two- and three-day programmes, delivered by inspirational specialist trainers. These events can all be tailored to reflect your organisation’s culture, values and processes. Or we can design a programme from scratch, just for you. (For larger scale development programmes, please call our sister company, www.maximumperformance.co.uk, on 01582 463460)
- Appraisal skills - This thoroughly practical workshop has been designed to give line managers the knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver a well-structured appraisal – even in the most challenging circumstances.
- Change management - This one-day course is designed to help managers understand that they are organisational change agents and that in this capacity they need to learn how to overcome resistance to change in themselves and others.
- From reactive to proactive - This highly interactive and pragmatic development course will stretch, and build confidence of Managers in leading their business.
- Honest conversations - Recognising the value of, and practising, clear and open communication at all levels is the first step to improving performance, whether at an individual, team, management, leadership or organisational level. We all know this, but why is it so difficult? This unique programme makes it much, much easier for you by giving you a robust framework to use – and the opportunity to practise your skills in a safe, supportive environment.
- Introduction to management - A comprehensive three-day programme to help new managers hit the ground running.
- Leadership in operations management – A highly practical two-day workshop to help managers be more proactive and effective in the operations management environment – whether that’s in an industrial manufacturing context or in operational leadership in the service sectors. The session has a strong emphasis on building up an action plan for the next 100 days. Training with impact!
- Leadership – turning values into action - Leadership implies followership. And that means trust. Because who’s going to follow a leader they don’t trust? This comprehensive, stimulating, practical programme takes a values-driven approach to leadership.
- Leading technical teams - A very practical, interactive two-day workshop to help leaders extract the real potential that exists within their team. Many leaders of technical teams have ‘risen through the ranks’ and may well have considerable technical expertise. Knowing how to lead a team of technical staff requires a very different skillset. This workshop is packed with practical activities which will provide a rich and lasting learning experience.
- Management in a day! - Managing people doesn’t have to be difficult. But too many of us make it difficult for ourselves with our lack of focus, tools or techniques. This very practical, hugely enjoyable, day will give you all the tools for the job and the opportunity to practise them in a safe and supportive environment before using them for real back in the workplace.
- Managing with NLP – A one-day introduction for managers - Self-understanding is a prerequisite for leading and managing others responsibly and honourably. The field of Neuro Linguistic Programming has helped us to gain a better insight into how we all think and behave.
- Managing people within the law - All you need to know, as a manager, about employment law and ‘best practice’.
- Outstanding performance management - A two-day adventure in how to become an outstanding performance manager – a very popular programme.
- People management - A flexible two- or three-day workshop on the essential skills, covering team-working, performance management, leadership and SDI / MBTI personality types plus optional modules.
- Teams – developing the high performing team - Developing the high performing team takes time and effort. But above all, it requires an understanding of the dynamics of high performing teams. This programme helps managers and leaders understand what high performing teams do and how they do it.
Personal effectiveness training courses
This is just a small selection of courses that can be delivered by our team of more than 30 personal effectiveness trainers based around the UK. Not sure which one’s right for you? Give us a call on 01582 463463. We’re here to help!
- Accuracy skills – a remarkably useful half-day session on how to improve your accuracy skills. Practical tips for both prevention of mistakes and cure.
- Assertiveness and dealing with difficult people - This one-day programme provides the knowledge and skills to become more assertive when dealing with other people in a variety of different situations.
- Business networking skills - How to become a more effective business networker, whether face-to-face or online.
- Business writing skills - This very hands-on workshop will help improve the impact, clarity and accuracy of your business documents – both internal and external. Relevant to any type of document, for staff at all levels.
- Compelling communication - Effective communicators just do it! It is a skill. And skills can be taught. Which is why this two-day workshop is very interactive, enabling participants to practise their skills in a positive, supportive environment.
- Conflict management - A fun, positive, interactive day on how to make your working relationships more productive by dealing with conflict effectively.
- Decision-making - A range of structured methods for making well considered decisions – learn which strategy suits a particular type of decision. Explore the behaviours that promote effective decision-making, including group decisions.
- Influencing skills - Understand what makes people tick! Learn how to use a variety of simple yet effective techniques to help influence and persuade other people, especially when ‘pitching’ your ideas.
- Interpersonal / communication skills - A powerful two day programme to help you understand and develop your relationships with others, using the strength deployment inventory.
- Listening skills - Appreciate the importance listening, understand the benefits of doing it actively, and practise listening in a range of situations.
- Meetings and how to run them - A half-day programme to help you manage meetings and make them more productive.
- Memory skills and mind-mapping - Prepare to be astonished at how effective these simple techniques are!
- Mind skills - An inspiring and dynamic two-day ‘brain gym’ to bump-start people’s creativity and thinking processes.
- Minute and note-taking - A thoroughly practical half-day workshop to provide participants with an understanding of the purpose of meetings and how to take appropriate concise minutes or notes.
- Minuting virtual meetings – a highly focused 90-minute virtual session on how to take minutes for virtual meetings.
- Motivating yourself and others - Find the motivation that will take you – and others – towards peak performance.
- Negotiation skills - You never get the deal you deserve – only the deal you negotiate! This is an ideal opportunity to learn how to negotiate better.
- Peak performance - In an increasingly pressurised environment, this two-day course will help employees at all levels to take control of their working lives and achieve the goals and objectives of their job. This is an essential programme for people who could use some practical advice and guidance on how to cope with the pressures of tight deadlines and limited resources.
- Perfect presentations - This very practical workshop has a simple objective: to help you prepare, design and deliver memorable and high-quality presentations.
- Personal development - Take more control of your life, using a personal development action plan
- Powerful presentation skills - This very practical workshop has a simple objective: to help you prepare, design and deliver memorable and high-quality presentations.
- Problem-solving - Discover how to use a set of tools for tackling various types of problem. Learn to analyse problems, find new perspectives and apply the appropriate problem-solving technique.
- Professional administrator - A very participative one-day programme for administrators, medical/legal secretaries, PAs and other administrative staff who want to achieve professional standards and fulfilment in their roles.
- Resilience and mental toughness - An eye-opening session for all those needing strategies for keeping strong. Understand what causes pressure and stress. Uncover your own triggers for stress. Identify strategies you can use to build your toughness and resilience.
- Results-focused time management - A practical interactive session, focused on real issues. The approach is pragmatic, not theoretical.
- Screen-reading for speed and retention – An essential skill that will save you time and boost your efficiency.
- Speed reading - This very practical course will teach you speed reading skills that help you read faster while still maintaining comprehension.
- Time and stress management - The definitive one-day course, from an acknowledged expert.
- Understanding yourself and others - Fully appreciate your own strengths and learn how to get the best out of others.
- Work smarter - Don’t work harder – work smarter! A one-day programme.
- Writing policies and procedures – A highly practical day to help you create better documents with less effort.
Other leadership, management and personal effectiveness training topics
Courses and workshops can also be provided on the following subjects, among many others:
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Developing presence
- Internal consulting skills
- Interview skills
- Motivating people
- NLP – introduction
- Remote / distance management
- Secretarial / administrative support staff development
- Supervisory skills
- Writing skills
Full details of any of these programmes are available on request.
Still can’t find what you’re after? Then please just give us a call on 01582 463463, with no obligation at all, to discuss your leadership, management or personal effectiveness training requirements. We’re here to help!