Training for project managers, engineers and technical staff
Our expert trainers all have many years’ practical experience which they use to inform their highly focused and relevant project management training. The programmes cover all aspects of the project management discipline, from the basics of project planning to the specifics of R&D projects to the challenges of project leadership, as well as other issues relevant to project teams, engineers and technical staff, such as Agile, specification writing, financial and commercial awareness, etc, etc. The advertised programmes and workshops can all be tailored to meet your particular needs – some of them are even designed to be built around your own ‘live’ projects – but if you can’t see what you are looking for then we would be more than happy to develop a project management training programme specially for you.
Looking for a virtual option? Most of our programmes can also be delivered in webinar formats. To discuss what this might look like for your organisation, give us a call on 01582 463463 to talk through your requirements. (See also the extensive range of ‘off-the-shelf’ webinars offered by our sister company, Maximum Performance, here.)
Project management training courses and workshops
- Agile: an introduction – A highly practical one-day introduction to the Agile mindset and methods.
- Agile product development: an introduction – This programme explains why, when and how to use Agile techniques in a product development context.
- Agile project management – This programme presents the concepts and methods of Agile project management, and shows how to apply them to a range of project and change management situations.
- Business project management – This one- or two-day project management training programme teaches individuals who are becoming involved with projects to understand the effective planning methods and team-skills in order to make them successful.
- Effective project leadership – This project management training programme focuses on the leadership skills required of project managers and will benefit anyone involved in managing projects large or small wishing to extend or enhance those skills.
- Introduction to project management – An intensive project management training course, a one-day overview of the key concepts and techniques.
- Leadership in operations management – This programme provides an intensive, two-day overview of the key elements of operations management, including an array of practical tips and tools to help managers be more proactive and effective in the operations management environment – whether that’s in an industrial manufacturing context or in operational leadership in the service sectors.
- Leading technical teams – This interactive, two-day workshop will help participants develop the skills needed to become an effective technical team leader.
- Project planning and control – This programme concentrates on the core planning skills needed to develop sound practical project plans in a team environment.
- Project planning and risk management – If your project teams struggle to create and maintain effective plans, this two-day project control course is the answer.
- Project management made easy! – This two-day course is designed to introduce the apparently complex world of project management in a simple and practical manner.
- Project management masterclasses – six flexible sessions addressing all the core issues. Run them singly or as a series. Virtual or classroom. Tailored to different audiences, from low to high project management capability maturity levels.
- Project review – We’re happy to admit that training isn’t always the answer. If you’ve got concerns about a project then perhaps a project review is the answer?
- R&D project management – The formal disciplines of project management provide a means of planning, organising and controlling multi-disciplinary projects without stifling innovation. This programme (delivered as a two-day classroom session, on-site, or a virtual modular programme) specifically deals with the management of R&D projects, which require some differences in approach from conventional project management.
- Smaller projects – How to lead and manage a portfolio of smaller projects in a multi-project / multi-task environment.
- Successful project management – The core programme, from our most popular project management trainer.
- The people side of projects – if people are going to have to work differently and learn some new processes as a result of your project, then there is work to be done to help them through the emotional side of the change. This 90-minute virtual classroom session will point the way.
- The professional project manager – This two-day programme focuses on the strategic role of the project manager.
- The project management toolkit – Provides project managers, project engineers and project support staff with a toolkit they can use on their projects.
Specification and technical writing courses and workshops
- Effective technical writing – A suite of three complementary one-day modules designed to help attendees create better quality technical documents.
- Specification writing – One of our most popular programmes, this is the definitive two-day specification writing training course.
- Specification writing (introduction) – A one-day workshop, launched in response to requests from a growing number of clients for a shorter version of our hugely popular two-day programme on specification writing.
Financial and commercial courses and workshops
Other project management training topics
Many of our ‘Leadership, management and personal effectiveness’ and ‘Commercial’ training programmes are also relevant to project management staff. Courses and workshops can also be provided on the following subjects:
- Construction project management
- Health and safety for project management
- IT project management
- Portfolio management
- Programme management
- Project leadership, management and communication
- Project risk management – introduction
- Project risk management – best practice
- Value management
Full details of any of these programmes are available on request.
Still can’t find what you’re after? Then please just give us a call on 01582 463463, with no obligation at all, to discuss your project management training requirements. We’re here to help!