Making the most of your time – overview
If you want to be better at making to-do lists or managing time better this is NOT for you! The time challenges we all face at work need to be addressed with a different approach.
This ‘bite-size’ session takes a fresh approach to how we deal with time personally and challenges the belief that we don’t always have enough time. The workshop will be participative, interactive, and will cover the personal relationship we have with time and how this impacts on dealing with challenges and ever-changing priorities on a daily basis at work. The workshop will give you some practical tools and ideas on dealing with your thieves of time from a different perspective, including interruptions and emails.
Full details below or download course outline.
To enable participants to organise and use their time effectively, using strategies to help with both ‘thinking’ and ‘doing’ that are fit for purpose. This workshop will enable you to:
- Recognise the barriers to effective time management and set goals to overcome them and get things done
- Understand how their mindset affects how they use time and use better ways to deal with the inbuilt patterns of behaviour this produces when at work
- Plan for tasks and projects in a productive way
- Use some new tools and techniques to tackle time thieves, including email and interruptions
- Review and evaluate their learning and have an action plan to take back to work
A half-day, very practical workshop.
Amanda is a highly experienced coach and facilitator specialising in providing leadership coaching, management development programmes and facilitation services to the public, private and voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sectors. Her work in the public service sector, in particular, has so far extended to facilitation sessions, focus groups, team development, personal effectiveness skills training, customer service training, performance management training, and specialist leadership and management programmes.
Making the most of your time – course outline
1 Welcome, introductions and objectives
- Exploring your relationship with time and how you focus your mind on daily work pressures in relation to time
- Past, present and future – where do you focus your energy at work?
- Time thieves – exploring the results of the pre-workshop questionnaire and learning strategies to deal with the roots of your time thieves
2 Personal strategies and tools: having a new mindset
- Emails, interruptions and curve balls
- Review and evaluation of learning