Amanda is a consultant, trainer and coach with an in-depth understanding of organisational sustainability and change in the VCSE sector gained through personal prior experience and current professional practice. She works with small and medium-sized VCSEs on their longer-term sustainability and resilience challenges. This is through a range of training, facilitation, consulting and coaching approaches with boards, senior staff, employees and volunteers.
Amanda’s previous roles have included working in front line, management and leadership positions in the VCSE local and national level including two assistant directorships. After 15 years of enjoying these roles and responsibilities, Amanda set up her own business in 2001. She is currently Chair of the Board and a Director of a Community Interest Company which provides enterprise support across the south east for VCSEs and delivers the BBO ESIF programme for SEMLEP; she also delivers other soft skills training under this umbrella, specialising in governance, impact, performance management and resilience. Amanda facilitates away days with boards of trustees calling on her personal and professional experience to support quality leadership and governance. She is currently supporting two UK VCSEs through the Cabinet Office Sustainability Programme over a twelve-month period.
Amanda’s VCSE clients include Wellingborough Homes, North Herts Homes, Black Sheep CIC, Horizons Hub CIC, Surrey Community Action, Different Strokes, Northampton Partnership Homes, Play England, YMCA, Apprenticemakers, Cockpit Arts and the Social Business Alliance.
Her qualifications include:
- Chartered FCIPD
- Postgraduate Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring Practice
- Qualified NLP Business Practitioner and NLP Performance Coach
- NVQ4 Training and Development (Learning and Development) with CIPD
Amanda has undertaken a number of assignments in this field, including:
- Delivery of customer service standards training for a London based social housing organisation
- Delivery of development and project support for a registered charity planning to become an RSL
- Delivery of tailored training for a number of ALMOs and housing organisations in the South East
- Away days for various boards of CICs, CIOs and NFPs on strategic planning, governance and leadership
- Capacity building strategy, development and delivery programmes for VCSE organisations in two LEP areas
- Tailored suites (design and delivery) of capacity building workshops for VCSE CEOs and senior managers including resilience, management and leadership, becoming enterprising, away days and soft skills training
Her publications include:
- Leaders’ Guide – A tool for Youth Workers, Managers and Volunteers, NACYP Publications
- Baseline – Handbook and Toolkit: Setting up and Running a Youth Club, CYP Publications
- An Introduction to Enterprise Mentoring, Essential Enterprise Series, SFEDI Group and Essential Business, Ashford (co-author Ruth Lowbridge)
- Get Mentoring and the Get Mentoring Pocket Book, SFEDI Group and Essential Business, Ashford (co-author Ruth Lowbridge)
Amanda is based in Milton Keynes and works throughout the UK.