Elizabeth is our Coaching Practice Director. She is one of the 1% of coaches in the world (and only 30 or so in the UK) to have attained the coveted International Coach Federation (ICF) Master Certified Coach credential. She is also a Director of the ICF in the UK. She has over 25 years of expertise in coaching and development in the UK and abroad, and has been a pioneer in introducing internal coaching to the Civil Service. She has delivered more than 10,000 hours of coaching and more than 2,500 hours of coach training. Organisations she has worked with include 10 Downing Street staff, the NHS, Performing Rights Society, London Business School, Eurostar, De Lage Landen, various housing associations, Royal Museums, BIG Lottery Fund, UK Power Networks, Trainline, Pearson, Ceres Power, Société Générale, London Waste, House of Fraser, London Borough of Hackney, British Council, London Waste, etc, etc.
Elizabeth is an L&D specialist with an absolute passion for coaching and is the lead consultant for our coaching work. She has an enthusiastic, motivational and supportive style which allows her to challenge with integrity, build trust and inspire people to achieve and deliver excellence. Her approach has been described as ‘eclectic, creative and pragmatic, a lot of fun and it worked!’.
The key to how she works is to enable clarity and awareness, helping individuals understand their natural strengths and talents so they can learn to integrate them in everything they do. Her aim is that they develop greater self-acceptance so that they have the confidence to realise their potential and achieve their goals.
Elizabeth has over 25 years’ public and private sector experience in the UK and abroad. She started her career in scientific research and then worked in a number of academic and business environments. Her previous roles included co-founding a training and consultancy partnership that focused on developing leaders and managers in private and public sector companies and as a consultant to head up learning and development for the Bermudian Civil Service. She joined the UK Legal Services Commission in 2000 where she became Head of Learning and Development, leaving them in 2013 to join Maximum Performance as Lead Consultant. Over the last 10 years she has shared her experience with a number of public sector departments including the MoJ, Department of Health and DiFID to help establish coaching cultures.
Over the last fifteen years or so Elizabeth has presented at a number of national and international conferences on a range of topics concerning leadership, talent development and coaching. These included the USA Young Presidents Conference, EMCC Conference Sweden, ICF conference Switzerland and several CIPD conferences in the UK. She has also presented Master Classes on coaching and talent development at Roffey Park and NHS Leadership Forum.
Elizabeth holds a formidable array of relevant professional qualifications:
- Advanced Diploma in Coaching Supervision, University of Middlesex
- BPS Full Level B certification
- MCC Master Certified Coach, International Coaching Federation
- NLP Certified Coach
- BPS Intermediate Level A and B Certification – 16Pf, DiSC, FIRO, MBTI, Hogan, Wave
- CIPD Fellow
- BPS Level A Certification
- NLP – Practitioner and Master Practitioner Certification
- Professional in Human Resource (PHR) (USA)
- M.S. Counselling Psychology / Education, University of Indiana
- M.Ed. Education, University of Maryland
- Post-Graduate Certificate of Education, University of Cambridge
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development – Fellow
- International Coaching Federation – Full Member and Master Certified Coach (one of only 22 in the UK)
- British Psychological Society – Registered Test Administrator