An experienced and creative personal development trainer and group facilitator whose methods and style of delivery empower individuals and groups to realise their potential. A skilled teamworker, leader and effective manager who enjoys the challenge and responsibility of working for the development of others.
Programmes delivered include personal effectiveness and assertiveness, team building, leadership, ILM courses, facilitated visioning and planning, problem solving and analytical thinking; trainer training and PTLLS, motivation, planning and organisational skills, customer care, supervision and appraisals, presentation skills; speed reading; effective meetings, time management, influencing and negotiation; managing change, communication skills; report writing skills; coaching and mentoring; and recruitment and selection interview skills.
The methods of delivery are designed to meet the client’s needs and learning objectives. These can include practical exercises, use of the outdoors, business simulations, residentials, role-plays, presentations, and individual and group reviews.
Consultancy and training clients include:
- Public service Department of Work and Pensions, Health and Safety Executive, MANCAT, Tameside Borough Council, Bromsgrove & Redditch Councils, Stockport Advice Service, Irish Health and Safety Authority, City College Manchester, Unison, Manchester City Council, Liverpool University, Salford City Council, Cheshire and Wirral NHS, Ministry of Defence, HMRC, Trafford College, Greater Manchester Directors of Public Health, Manchester Libraries, Oldham Royal Hospital, Trafford Borough Council, European Union – OHIM (international trademark organisation), Peak District National Park
- VCSEs The Prince’s Trust, National Housing Federation, Groundwork Trust, British Diabetic Association, Irwell Valley HA, Women’s Housing Action Group, Brittle Bones Society, The Vegetarian Society, The Regional Forum for Yorkshire and The Humber, Age Concern, NACRO, Three Rivers HA, Manchester Care and Repair. Councils for Voluntary Service in Greater Manchester (GMCVO), Bolton, Wirral, Oldham, Wigan and Leigh, Rochdale, Tameside, Warrington, Salford, Blackburn, Preston, Manchester, High Peak.
- 2009 British Institute for Learning and Development Diploma in Learning and Development (L5)
- 2009 The Coaching Academy Certificate in Personal Coaching
- 2007 The Training Foundation TAP Certificates (L3) in Training Delivery, Facilitation and Design Skills
- 2006-7 Northern School of NLP Practitioner Certificate in NLP
- 2006 Newcastle College BTEC Certificate level 3 in Coaching Skills and Practice
- 2005 Newcastle College Certificate in Life Coaching level 2
- 2004-5 Charities Evaluation Services Certified Outcomes Approach Trainer
- 2001-2 University of Huddersfield Post Graduate Certificate in Education and Training (Post 16)
- 1996-97 Leeds Metropolitan University Advanced Professional Diploma – Consulting in the Community
- 1989-90 St Martin’s College, Lancaster Postgraduate Diploma – Youth and Community Work
- 1980-83 Newcastle-Upon-Tyne Polytechnic BA (Hons) Geography (2ii)