Retail, hospitality and leisure
Every business is different and this applies to the hospitality sector just as much as any other, so we’ve put together a very flexible ‘à la carte’ menu of training solutions from which you can choose to create your own bespoke training programme. And it’s sometimes a very thin dividing line between training and consultancy, so the list includes topics on which you might want advice and support as well as training.
Area management training
There is a surprising degree of ambiguity surrounding the role of the area manager. Many senior executives in retail have differing views of the area manager position, the job function, the key tasks and the necessary skills required to be effective in this crucial role.
But as most area managers are being required to take on more and more branches one thing at least is clear – they are increasingly responsible for the performance and development of their branch or store managers. This means that performance management and performance development have become the essential skills of area management. Training and development in these key areas has never been so important. Hence this unique set of area management (and branch manager) training courses:
- Workshop 1 – Role and responsibilities of the area manager
- Workshop 2 – Managing branch manager performance – from recruitment to appraisal
- Workshop 3 – Managing branch manager development – skills and situations
- Workshop 4 – Dealing with under-performance
- Workshop 5 – Career and succession planning for branch managers
The programmes can be run as a series or individually. Or we can tailor them to meet your particular needs – and if you can’t see what you are looking for then we would be more than happy to develop a programme specially for you. Scroll down and click on the links for full details and then give us a call – we’re here to help!
We also have some very experienced retail consultants who specialise in mapping the customer journey and in benchmarking. If you’re looking to raise your retail standards to global ‘best of class’ levels, then we can help you with the entire process, not just the training. Scroll down for details and then just give us a call – we’re here to help!
Courses and workshops
Other retail, hospitality and leisure training topics
Courses, workshops and one-to-one coaching sessions can be provided on the following subjects, amongst others:
- 66 top tips to promote your retail business
- Appraisal and evaluation skills for retail
- Area manager refresher workshop
- Assessment centres for retail
- Branch management
- Coaching skills for retail managers
- ‘Connected’ – using social media to promote your retail business
- Employment law issues for retail
- Finance for retail managers
- Franchise management
- Health & safety for retail
- Leadership development for retail
- Management for retail
- Recruitment skills for retail
- Sales and marketing for franchisees
- Standards for retail
- Strategy and planning for area management
- Train-the-trainer for retail
Full details of any of these programmes are available on request.
Still can’t find what you’re after? Then please just give us a call on 01582 714285, with no obligation at all, to discuss your retail, hospitality and leisure training requirements. We’re here to help!