Influencing skills for sales professionals – overview
In today’s crowded market place, it is the sales person with impact and influence that will stand out from everyone else. Whilst many customers and clients know what they want, there is also a large tranche of organisations that need the guidance and expertise of their supplier to help them reach their objectives.
In this workshop we look at key techniques for making the first connection with prospective clients and secondly to move the relationship to that of trusted adviser and partner.
Influencing skills are applicable in many areas in our lives and are vital if we want to shape our own futures. By creating the habit of explaining our ideas in a way that also meets the need of the other party we help everybody make the right decisions for them.
Full details below or download workshop outline.
- Understand their personal brand and impact
- Tap into customer’s motivations
- Use the six principles of influence
- Identify and adapt for different personality styles
- Develop advanced communication skills
- Build rapport rapidly with their customers and prospects
Scott has delivered sales training and coaching to numerous clients (eg, Xerox, HMV, Waterstones, NatWest, WF Senate Electrical, Denmans Electrical, Gewiss Electrical, Software Europe, Solopress, Stihl UK, Bishop Grosseteste University, University of Lincoln, University of Surrey, Avtura, Acton Training Centre, Hall & Partners, InShops Retail Centres, Johnson & Wales University (Miami), Costa Cruises, EDF, sofa.com, SoleTrader, etc, etc) in a diverse range of sectors, particularly retail, wholesaling and hospitality, but also encompassing finance, training, market research, vehicle repair, airline operations, printing, steel fabrication, roofing, software design, universities, etc, etc. Scott is a qualified NLP Master Practitioner and DISC Profiling Practitioner.
Influencing skills for sales professionals – workshop outline
1 Why would I listen to you?
- What do you offer clients better than others?
- How do you stand out from the rest?
- What makes you different?
- Why should people care about what you offer?
- Determining your personal brand and impact
2 Understanding learning, behavioural and communication styles
- Use practical tools to help you assess individual styles
- Tap into the essence and energy of the customer you are serving
- Understand your own learning, behavioural and communication preferences
- Develop a strategy to adopt for each client you contact
- Appreciate how this knowledge will improve your sales conversion
3 Learning and using the six principles of influence
- Learn the secrets these principles offer sales people
- Discover how these principles will work for you
- Create a strategy for developing business with each customer
- Learn new habits of influence
4 Discovering buying motivators
- Encourage customers to share their key objectives
- Learn how to tap into their way of thinking
- Discover how they make their purchasing decisions
- Create the perfect partnership
5 Presenting your ideas with impact
- Create an effective structure for your presentation
- Learn how to grab their attention from the start
- Discover how to engage your audience in your presentation
- Help the customer commit and achieve their objectives
6 Putting it into practice
- Use realistic scenarios to provide opportunities for practice
- Discover what it feels like to be influenced
- Receive immediate feedback on your influencing style
- Share common issues with fellow sales people
- Create a personal development plan
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 714285 – we’re here to help!