Strategic marketing – overview
In our constantly changing environment, if you always do what you’ve always done, then you’ll always get what you’ve always got – and that’s not enough!
Building a strategic marketing plan is a powerful way to take a step back from day-to-day activities, review the opportunities available to your business and your products, and build a roadmap of tactics that will set you apart from the competition. In this workshop, we look at how to build a customer-focussed strategic marketing plan to pin-point your milestones to success over a 12-month period.
Full details below or download workshop outline.
This programme will help participants to:
- Understand the key questions that a strategic marketing plan should answer
- Understand the value of customer and competitor insight and how to develop actionable insights to guide your plan
- Conduct a market analysis and identify the barriers and drivers to success
- Learn how to build a customer buying journey and how to identify the most valuable customers
- Develop a customer-focused strategy and customer engagement plans
- Develop core messages and winning tactics to engage with your key customers
- Identify the key metrics to review and measure to keep your plans on track
This practical programme is designed for sales and marketing teams who are looking for a guided framework to build a strategic marketing plan from start to finish.
A very practical, interactive two-day session ideally for a maximum group size of 12. There are lots of different activities throughout the days in which participants work with their own examples to build a strategic marketing plan that can be taken back to the desk and implemented immediately.
The majority of the training we deliver is either tailored or completely bespoke. This workshop can therefore be delivered entirely as advertised, or it can be tailored to your particular requirements, or we can simply take it as a starting point for a conversation with you before we draft a completely bespoke programme for you – the choice is yours.
Marie is a highly experienced commercial training and coaching expert with over 25 years’ experience in sales and marketing leadership, capability building and coaching, mainly within the highly competitive pharmaceutical sector. She knows what it takes to deliver exceptional growth for brands across the full product life-cycle.
Delivering training for purpose is Marie’s passion. Her aim is to engage and energise her workshop groups, helping them to build the learning mindset, skills and behaviours required to achieve their goals at an individual, team or organisation level. Her focus is on designing and delivering a clear and memorable learning journey that can be implemented immediately, with actionable success measurements when participants return to their desks.
Strategic marketing – workshop outline
1 Situational analysis
- Introduction to marketing strategy
- Market and competitor analysis and insight generation
- Understanding the customer buying journey
- How to segment customers to identify your most valuable customer opportunities
- Identifying the barriers and drivers to your success
- Introduction to strategy
- How to build strategic imperatives and SMART objectives
- How brand vision and positioning drive customer focus
- A guide to building key message themes
3 Tactics, messaging and measurement
- Introduction to building customer-focused tactics
- How to build a customer-engagement plan
- How to build key messages and a customer-focused tactical plan
- A practical guide to developing key metrics to review success and keep your plans on track
Throughout the programme we will use your own product examples to build your plan:
- You will learn best practice examples of strategic planning
- You will discover market and customer opportunities to strengthen your competitive edge
- You will create a strategic plan that can be implemented immediately within your business
- You will start planning compelling marketing messages to reach the right customer at the right time
- You will receive immediate feedback on your strategic marketing plan
- You will have the opportunity to share common issues and solutions with your colleagues in the group
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 463463 – we’re here to help!