Candy is a highly experienced trainer whose business ethos was formed early in her career. It rests on two main principles. First, that each encounter with every customer counts, either to enhance sales or reputation. Secondly, that the best route to business development is through good communication by positive, confident people. The overall purpose of all her training is to ‘put a smile on the customer interface’.
She began her sales career in the highly focused area of selling newspaper advertising space over the telephone at Times Newspapers Ltd, where she benefited from top level training in telephone sales. She thrived, very successfully managing, training and motivating a team of ten sales staff before moving on to put her sales skills to use in her own businesses, including an independent record label.
Training and developing people has been a golden thread through her career and in 2003 she capitalised on this by founding her own training and development consultancy, specialising in communication skills and their practical application in sales (particularly telephone sales), customer service and team leadership. Candy has worked on sales training programmes with large companies such as The Post Office, HSBC and EDF Energy as well as businesses in leisure and tourism, IT, media, entertainment and health care. She also has substantial experience of training a wide range of SMEs to improve their sales and improve customer retention.
Candy is NLP-qualified, with a BA (Hons) Communications Studies. See what people have said about her training:
- ‘The best training we’ve ever had. Fantastic feedback from staff and customers.’ Multi-site car retailer, South West
- ‘Candy brings enthusiasm and determination to her training sessions allowing employers and trainees the chance to experience well thought out, relevant exercises and see the benefits immediately within the business.’ Brook Food Processing Equipment
- ‘The training went very well and everyone is pleased and motivated. Congrats and thanks so much!’ EDF Energy
- ‘Performance measurably improved after the training.’ St Enedoc Golf Club
- ‘The course you provided was excellent. I already feel more confident in myself on the phone.’ Brook Food Processing Equipment
- ‘Thank you for the last couple of days. I found the course informative and yet fun. Will look forward to the next!!’ Clifton Down Dental Practice, Bristol
- ‘It was unusual to attend a course that went down so well with absolutely everyone. You got it absolutely spot on. Well done and thank you!’ Classic Cottages
- ‘I must thank you for putting on such a good training session – even our most ‘reluctant’ members of staff appreciated your visit. Thanks again.’ Devon Primary Care Trust
Inspired? If you’d like a telephone call with Candy to discuss your sales training requirements, simply give us a call on 01582 714285 and we’ll arrange it for you. We’re here to help!