Colette has over 25 years’ experience and expertise in sales, customer care and presentation skills, with a particular focus on selling through service. With a background in sales and customer service management (as Regional Sales Manager for Royal Mail Parcelforce, Telesales Manager and Sales Manager at Thames Valley Auto Trader and Call Centre Manager for Legal & General Direct), she brings real-world examples and skills into the training environment and enables participants to transfer them easily back to the workplace.
Colette has designed and delivered successful training programmes for numerous large and small organisations in both the public and private sectors over the last twenty years. Clients include Virgin Media, Hitachi, Sir Robert McAlpine, Viglen Computers, SuperDry, Gaz de France, Moran Hotels, SWP Recruitment, BAA, Johnson Controls, Netbooster, Aztec AV Hire, Stena, Integralis, Softcat, Warranty Direct, Lloyds of London, American Express, Pulsant, Bytes Technology Group, NHS, the British Medical Association, BT and many more.
One of her recent clients, PaymentSense, reported a 17% increase in sales figures as a result of Colette’s ‘sales through service’ training programme with the internal sales team. She has instigated a continuous prgramme of internal sales coaching within the department which continues to produce an uplift in sales performance.
Colette’s training programmes are always practical, motivational and relevant to the team and organisation. Colette ensures that the client’s needs are met and that training is aligned with the organisation’s culture, objectives and overall business strategy. Whether the team are selling low cost goods or services or putting together high level presentations to win large contracts, Colette will work with them to create and deliver a valuable training programme that challenges their thinking and achieves results.
Professional accreditations include a Diploma in Training (IPD), a Certificate in Management (Reading University), NLP Practitioner and fully qualified Empathy Trainer.
Colette’s training style focuses not on just explaining new ideas or developing new skills, but also on motivating people to use them and to develop themselves as individuals. This approach gets results, as the following comments from clients and course participants show:
- ‘Even after only three days’ training and mentoring we had our best sales-month ever and those who were initially reluctant achieved fantastic results, enjoying personal best figures across the team. I would like to thank Colette for a cost-effective, seamless and highly professional programme that engages everybody irrespective of their level of experience or job role.’ Richard Thomas, Director, TutorCare
- ‘On the sales workshop we were given some new ways of opening a sales conversation which I found really helpful. I am getting through to more decision-makers and have made some good quality meetings.’ Course participant
- ‘The training course provided by Colette not only gave the attendees useful practical information but built increasingly positive team spirit during the course. This was particularly rewarding given that the mixture of trainees varied from a person with lots of sales experience to one with no sales experience prior to the current role.’ John Boother, Managing Director, Autoscribe Informatics
- ‘Thank you, the training was ace. Just used the questions you gave us and got an appointment for my Consultant with a long-term, stalled interest! And I also got a frameworking opportunity for us.’ Course participant
- ‘I found the training with Colette to be extremely useful, informative and most of all fun! On a personal level, it has made me focus a lot more on my sales skills and realise how even small changes to the minor details can positively impact my performance greatly, the results of which I have seen already. So, thank you Colette.’ Kevin Torres, Business Development Manager, PaymentSense
- ‘If I am being honest I was dreading having training. When we got into the training room I was amazed at how good and informative the session was, the first time a training session hasn’t dragged! The first full month after the training I have achieved over double my previous sales stats and I am on track to earn nearly triple what my previous best was. I would recommend the training to any sales person who is looking to improve their sales skills!’ Course participant
Inspired? If you’d like a telephone call with Colette to discuss your sales training requirements, simply give us a call on 01582 714285 and we’ll arrange it for you. We’re here to help!