What does ‘commercial awareness’ mean to you?
I’ve found the phrase ‘commercial awareness’ means different things to different people – and different organisations. And depends, very often, either on individual roles or on the operating environment.
If commercial awareness training is on your agenda, these pointers might prove useful:
- Commercial awareness for managers – this is often a question of getting people to see the bigger picture, viewing the world from the company’s perspective rather than just the functional perspective. David’s programme addresses this need in a very practical way. The simulation exercise is a real eye-opener and great fun!
- Commercial awareness for decision-makers – this is a step up. The more senior the manager the more is at stake in their decision-making. Neil’s programme is a very engaging yet challenging workshop which gets to the heart of commercial decision-making.
- Commercial awareness for the public sector – this is another world entirely. The objectives may be the same but the operating environment, the skill-sets and above all the mind-sets are not. David’s could be just the programme – and the trainer – you’re looking for.
- Commercial awareness for project staff and engineers – the classic challenge for large organisations in project-based environments is how to encourage your people to solve problems at the lowest possible level without having them inadvertently incur contractual liabilities or overlook commercial opportunities.Alison addresses this issue.
- Commercial awareness for technical people – an alternative to the previous programme, Steve’s workshop is ideally suited to any technical staff working in either a multiple/smaller projects environment or a non-project environment entirely.
- Commercial awareness and contractual issues – for some people, commercial awareness is all about ‘Tc and Cs’. That can be particularly complex, of course, when working on MoD contracts. Graham and Alison guide you past the pitfalls.
- Commercial awareness and sales – for other people, it’s a question of getting their staff to recognise a sales opportunity when they see one. We have an entire range of sales programmes to help with this, including the ever-popular ‘Service with a sale!’.
All our training course outlines are available on our website and are best viewed just as a starting point for a conversation about your specific requirements,
If anything has struck a chord with you do please call us on 01582 714282, or use our Contact Form here if you’d like a tailored quote or would like to discuss our training further.